Strange Vivofit and MFP problem.

Options
It SUBTRACTS my exercise calories from the total amount of calories I can eat instead of adding them.

I.e. if my BMR is 1500 and I have my goal set at 1500 at MFP and I burn 1600 that day, MFP will subtract 100 calories from exercise and have the goal at 1400.

Replies

• las_6664
    las_6664 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's subtracting it from your goal and not the food calories? Mine calculates the excess calories burned from total calories eaten to determine how many are remaining.
  • 3RMomma
    3RMomma Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Do you have the box checked for the negative calorie adjustments?
  • SinCityFit
    SinCityFit Posts: 96
    Options
    Are you sure it's subtracting it from your goal and not the food calories? Mine calculates the excess calories burned from total calories eaten to determine how many are remaining.

At Garmin Connect it does that. At MFP it does the exact opposite.

"1500 GOAL 1522 FOOD + 49 EXERCISE = 1571 NET"

Where can I find that checkbox?
  • las_6664
    las_6664 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    From what you're showing it sounds like you already have the checkbox marked for negative adjustments. From what I understand, if you're Vivofit isn't projecting you'll burn enough calories for your goal it'll subtract from your goal for the day (really it adds it to your food calories). If the box isn't checked for negative adjustments your goal would not change for the day if your calorie burn didn't meet the minimum. You can change the negative adjustment setting in MFP under settings, Food & exercise diary settings, calorie adjustments.
  • SinCityFit
    SinCityFit Posts: 96
    Options
    Ok, I figured out what's going on. MFP estimates I burn 1580 calories a day so it's going off on that. So I changed my daily goal to 1580 and then I can see what the deficit was for the day and it was subtracting from the days I didn't hit 1580. I wish there was a way to manually adjust that. You can adjust many things but not what your BMR is calculated at without exercise.