What other good habits has your mfp journey got you into?

Options
WelshPhil1975
WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
By that I mean when I started I assumed it’d be a simple case of less calories consumed (calories in v calories out, etc) and I just eat less of what I’ve always eaten, but since I started I have

- Started exercising more (this was unheard of for me before now)
- Greatly reduced my salt intake
- Reduced the amount of processed foods I eat
- Cut down takeaways (Indian & Chinese) to a minimum (so when I do have one now I enjoy it more as a treat)
- Far more conscious than ever before about what I put in my mouth (I am not just reducing what I was eating, I am now eating far more fresh veg, etc, than ever before)

It all adds up to the “diet” becoming “way of life”.

I lost about 3st a couple of years back and put it all back on and I reckon a big part of that was because I wasn’t motivated to eat less of the bad things that got me big in the first place, so I slipped back to eating my usual big portions after a few months. This time out I needed to develop a new diet altogether (with some of my old favourites chucked in for good measure, but mostly fresh veg, etc). I know this isn’t the way many approach it, but it’s worked a treat for me.

It has all amounted to me being 30lb down so far, I feel far healthier and I am absolutely loving it.

Replies

• DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Before I started seriously working out ( in Feb and the first in many years) I lacked the energy and strength to do a lot of regular household type chores. I recently started lifting weights too and I have seen my energy level and strength increase a great deal.
    This month I repainted the bathroom and pulled up ( with my new strong muscles !) the basement stairs carpeting -by myself and very little whining too haha. There is no way I would have had the energy or strength to do either a few months ago.

I am sure I don't consume as much sodium now and I get more variety of vitamins from my protein shake. I feel good and strong.
    I'm about halfway to my goal.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Paying attention to nutrition labels, and portion sizes. Oh, and exercising, too. None of which I did before MFP
  • staceylw31
    staceylw31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Water Water Water!!!!

Before I hardly drank water...ever. Now I drink almost a gallon of water a day!

Also being able to say no I don't need to eat that...:)
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Exercising - love it!
    I love cooking at home.
    Really enjoy veggies - my new favorites Spaghetti squash & Brussel Sprouts.
  • CBell223
    CBell223 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm taking better care of myself in all kinds of ways. Yes, I know what goes in my mouth now and it's planned and balanced and in a reasonable calorie range. I've always enjoyed exercise and as I lose weight I can do more, so that's fun. My intake of sugar and bread have gone way down. Protein and veggies have gone up.
    But the biggest shock is I'm doing things like, using sunscreen and flossing my teeth. I'm even using a seat belt. I think I've decided that I want to live.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!