Juice Plus

Options
Hi everyone

I am a myfitness pal member and have been for a few years. I have battled with my weight over the years and have been successful in the past with losing weight with a leading chains diet plan...but that was 10 years ago. I have also gone up and down with other diets.

I just wanted to share with you my experience of something that I have seen on other blogs on the internet and on Myfitness pal. These are purely my experiences and I can not comment on others.

I discovered juice plus. Its not for me a get thin quick scheme (although I have seen others trying to advertise it as this) Many are advertsing the shakes as a fab new diet to lose weight quickly.
To clear up some confusion Juice plus is not about juicing lots of vegetables and fruit and just starving yourself and throwing your body into meltdown. What juice plus does is bridge the gap between what we should eat and what we actually eat.

We all know we should be eating more fruit and vegetables, however due to cost, time preparation, preservation we dont. So what the JuicePLus company have done is take loads of fruits and vegetables from good sources, juiced them, dried them and then encapsulated them so that we can benefit from all of this goodness in capsules or chewables. Many people and this is where I come in have seen the benefits. I am noticing a huge difference in my energy levels, my skin is looking great, whereas by thursday morning i was crawling out of bed out of fatigue now I wake up every morning feeling refreshed and ready for the day ahead. Pains i had in my body I no longer feel and truely I feel 20 years younger again.

Now they also do juiceplus complete which is shakes containing important protein something I never really knew much about before and I would just consume my 1400 calories MyfitnessPal suggested and some weeks I lost weight and other weeks i didnt and I battled with my weight loss.
Now I make a shake up for breakfast or lunch but I dont starve myself and I mix it with a banana or some extra fruit ( raspberries/strawberries/mango etc) and I still count my calories for the day but I have noticed that I am fuller longer and that the weight has dropped off me but at a healthy state.

I am using juice plus for the health benefits for me and my family. My child can use the shakes as they are full of nutrients and the capsules are great for her too. There are so many studies showing the health improvements to adults and children.

What saddens me is the get rich quick people who are signing up to be a distributor and mis-selling these products, advertising it as something it is not. Again I can only speak from my experience and from those I have seen to use it properly too. Its about the long term health benefits, not just weight loss or body building. Its about those who find their skin conditions have improved, their child is not falling asleep in class, that people honestly feel alive and not sluggish, those that feel their overall mood has improved.

I am not here to sell to any of you. If any one would like any information I would be happy to share more to you or if you have any comments how it has worked or hasnt worked I would welcome these too.

Good luck everyone in your weight loss xxxxxxxxxxx

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    however good your intentions are this is still spam
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    <This is not an advert>
    <This is not an advert>

<Huge long advert>

Good luck! We're all here for the same reasons.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    tl:dr

I like eating fruit and veg not drinking it.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    pinkgirlzoe Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yeah have to agree with you there Lucas. I tried juicing fruit and vegetables and some tasted nasty that why I love my capsules and chewables as they taste yummy. Especially my chocolate and vanilla shakes :-)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Yeah have to agree with you there Lucas. I tried juicing fruit and vegetables and some tasted nasty that why I love my capsules and chewables as they taste yummy. Especially my chocolate and vanilla shakes :-)

baw ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

because eating fruits and veggies themselves are just to hard on their own?
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options

baw ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

That's a totally legit problem. Sometimes I forget how to chew.
  • LucasEVille
    Options
    Yeah have to agree with you there Lucas.

Frank-Underwood-Eye-roll-GIF.gif
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    So its better to drink/eat processed fruit and veg (because, let's face it, there must be some processing involved) is better than picking up an apple or adding an extra portion of broccoli to your dinner?

Or am I missing the point?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

baw ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

That's a totally legit problem. Sometimes I forget how to chew.

although- I can't throw them up in the air like candy bits and chew them- whole fruit mostly bashes me in the face.

grape tomatoes being the exception. Maybe she's on to something.
  • LucasEVille
    Options
    So its better to drink/eat processed fruit and veg (because, let's face it, there must be some processing involved) is better than picking up an apple or adding an extra portion of broccoli to your dinner?

Or am I missing the point?

Picking up an apple involes incredible risk, the hazards include muscle strain, skelletal fractures, choking, back injury etc.
  • pinkgirlzoe
    Options
    If I was to eat the amount of goodness that is in the capsules then it would cost me more than £1.25 which it is at the moment and certainly couldnt get through eating all that fruit and veg in a day lol
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    Juice Plus: A Critical Look - Stephen Barrett, M.D.

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/juiceplus.html

Questionable Research by the
    Juice Plus Children's Research Foundation

http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/NSA/crf.html
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    nope.gif
  • pinkgirlzoe
    Options
    well everyone is entitled to their opinion but I've not been on the boards for a while but I have still been logging my food on my mobile app. Ive kept to taking my capsules every day for two months and I have continued to have my shakes, first month two a day and then tried to have one a day. Looking back at my weight loss graph on here over the year I see that prior to June i was yoyo'ing no end and fluctuating with 7lb on and off.......... since June I have seen my weight steadily going down and keeping down. If I've had a bad few days due to being on holiday etc within a few days the weight is off and usually a 1lb or 2 lower. I do generally feel amazing and I look it too. Whereas I always struggled with that pouch of fat under my boobs and have done even when i was 10stone this is now significantly reduced. I had a dent in my leg from an injury a couple of years ago which looked red and i could feel a dent in my bone,.now the dent has gone and the skin is great around it. Everyone i meet says that my face is glowing and that I look so well, most are people who dont even know what I have been taking.
    I agree eating fruit and veg is the best option but none of us can afford to eat all of that veg or its not in season. juice plus just is helping me and others to bridge that gap.