Need More Workout Clothes!

Options
When I worked out I usually just throw on a pair of cloth shorts I have and a tank top that I don't mind getting sweaty. I have maybe two pairs of shorts/capris that are specifically for working out, but I've decided I want more clothing designed specifically for working out.

So my question is: Where are your favorite places to get workout clothes from? Why?

Replies

• SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like the Daniskin line from Walmart. It's not crazy high quality, but you can load up your work out wardrobe without breaking the bank.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    TJMaxx... they have great clothes- high end brands and decent prices.

Burlington for regular clothes
    TJMaxx for workout clothes.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Target, Kohls, Marshalls...
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Academy sports has their own brand of moisture wicking workout gear for 1/3 to 1/2 of the price of the Under Armor and Nike gear on the adjacent racks ... plus usually full racks of clearance stuff from the bigger names.
  • Bri_Becq
    Bri_Becq Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm a Nike & Old Navy lover :)
  • meluhneekay
    Options
    Forever 21 is my go-to simply because I shop there for regular clothes all the time, might as well get workout stuff there too (for the free shipping, obvs). Though I should say, a lot of their workout clothes are meant to be more fashionable than functional, I think. Like, workout shorts there are booty shorts. Teeny tiny. Though because I mostly work out at home I don't mind that so much. They have some good quality sports bras though, ranging from low to high impact. The high impact ones are great for my tough workouts, and the low impact ones are good for yoga, and also going grocery shopping on the weekends (because sometimes the girls need a break from the underwire, feel me?).

But were I not an F21 loyalist (dat free shipping doe!), I'd probably go with walmart. I've read good things about their danskin line.
  • vickiem74
    vickiem74 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wal-mart or Gordmans are usually where mine come from
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Target and Kohls. Target has these super thin C9 t-shirts that I like a lot because they keep me cooler than regular weight tees. Kohls carries a line called Tek Gear and they have capris and shorts that say Shapewear on the label. They have a bit more support in the tummy area, which is nice because it keeps any jiggling to a minimum ;)

The tops: http://www.target.com/p/c9-by-champion-women-s-open-back-yoga-layering-top-assorted-colors/-/A-14956972#prodSlot=_1_6

The bottoms: http://www.kohls.com/search/bottoms.jsp?CN=4294719807&search=tek gear shapewear
  • ashgirl95
    ashgirl95 Posts: 48
    Options
    All great suggestions! Thank you!
  • kmajaVCU
    kmajaVCU Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and ****'s Sporting Goods!
  • WonderWhitney11
    WonderWhitney11 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love Old Navy's workout stuff. I find that their capris and pants stay up a lot better (maybe they're higher?) than other brands... but I have jiggly belly and it tends to make everything fall off! I have two or three pairs of Old Navy running pants that are my go-tos for 5ks and such so I know I won't be pulling them up every ten seconds... :) Their sports bras are also great (although, again that's for my body type, which happens to be fairly small-chested) because they're usually inexpensive and come in really fun colors.

I'd love some suggestions for running shorts that don't creep up on me! My thighs rub when I run, and most shorts work their way up and cause bad chaffing. Therefore, I stick to capris and leggings, but I really want to find some shorts for the nice breeze! :)
  • kmajaVCU
    kmajaVCU Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Marshall's, TJ Maxx, and ****'s Sporting Goods!

Lol, did they really just bleep that out?! :laugh:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Old Navy when I'm being cheap, Lucy or Athleta when I want to splurge a bit.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I love Nike shorts, capris, tanks, and Tees. For sports bras, I use Under Armour. I tend to hit up Sports Authority or ****s.
  • FrancescaWebb
    FrancescaWebb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Old Navy for everything except sports bras. I get those from Amazon.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Really, the word, which happens to be one of the most popular sporting goods store that starts with D and is followed by an I, a C, and a K gets starred out....Give me a break MFP!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I'd love some suggestions for running shorts that don't creep up on me! My thighs rub when I run, and most shorts work their way up and cause bad chaffing. Therefore, I stick to capris and leggings, but I really want to find some shorts for the nice breeze! :)

I'm not sure what length you are looking for but those Tek Gear shapewear shorts work well for me with no creeping. The shorts that I am wearing in one of the pictures in my profile are those shorts. They are not super short booty shorts but are form fitting. I find that anything looser wants to ride up.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    All of my workout clothes come from one of the following three places:

TJ Maxx
    Target
    Hanes (Champion) outlet
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    My last batch was from Old Navy and Burlington. I was very happy with the prices and quality seems pretty good.
  • AlliSteff
    AlliSteff Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Target, the REI outlet online for shirts

Target, and Modells for bottoms