What to eat to lose weight healthy

Options
I know how much protien, carbs, and fat I need to eat each day. Wht I dot know is what is healthy foods to eat to get the amount of those 3 I need each day. I know veggies and fruit are good, but are all fruit and veggies good? Also what other meats then chicken? And what are some healthy snacks? I have been eating healthy but the biggest meal I can't find healthy foods to eat is breakfest? Have an suggestions on any of the questions I have please give me so help!

Replies

• Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    If you eat eggs an omelette with whatever veggies you like is healthy. If you don't, perhaps try black beans and whatever veggies you like. If you don't like beans, leftovers from the night before are always an option, too. A lot of people on the forums enjoy oatmeal as well.
  • jsissom86
    jsissom86 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I always try to get an egg into my diet. There are so many conflicting studies about eggs, but I like to believe if you don't fry them in bacon fat -- you're alright. :) I eat hard boiled quite a bit / wheat toast / oatmeal / the other day i had brown rice, fried egg (in olive oil), and avocado pieces - YUM. Kept me full for a long time. Cereal w/ almond milk is yumminess. Nutella is heaven on anything, really. :)
  • IoveIy
    IoveIy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Actually, with fruit, you have to watch out for sugar content, and MFP will do a good job for you in that department ofc.

Some foods that I enjoy are low fat yogurts, South Beach Diet - Good to Go bars in dark chocolate (only 6 g of sugar in that particular flavor), salads with fish, olives, and tomatoes. I only use Delallo 100% lemon dressing because it is 0 everything. Some dressings can really make a salad unhealthy.

You could substitute fish with chicken, but I'm a pescetarian personally, so I don't eat chicken or red meat.

As Meerata said, oatmeal is a good option for breakfast also.
  • Sie_Con
    Sie_Con Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Eggs, oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt, peanut butter on toast, smoothie with protein add-ins, reduced sodium breakfast meats, fruit with cheese and nuts, vegetable frittata, breakfast tacos on corn tortillas, oatmeal pancakes.

Tons of options, but I understand, I get stuck in a run too sometimes
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It may help to look at your friends' diaries on here for ideas but anything you enjoy that's not overly processed is suitable. I find I stay full better with protein for breakfast so will often have egg or beans on toast for breakfast or a sandwich to start the day and then porridge (oatmeal) and fruit for lunch, or more traditional lunch foods when I have the time to pack it up in the morning.

Fresh fruit, muesli and yogurt is filling too.

Probably best to log the rest of your day and see which macros need a boost - whether that be fat, carbs or protein.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This journey is going to be a lot easier if you stop breaking foods into good vs. bad groups.

I eat a lot of fruits & veggies, Greek yogurt, lean meats, nuts, whole grain bread, etc.

I also try to have some ice cream or a sweet treat every night when I can make it fit my goals.

And I have a candy bar on Mondays after my therapy appointments.

If you haven't come across them yet, I always recommend starting with these links:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1296011-calorie-counting-101

And then read these when you're ready to take your logging accuracy to the next step:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1290491-how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Focus your diet (noun) largely on nutrient dense, whole foods. Also, dispel with this notion of "good" and "bad"...foods can have more or less nutrition, but foods aren't inherently good or bad...and the idea that any fruit or vegetable is inherently "bad" is just ridiculous. The only way anything would be "bad" is if it was causing you to miss out on other nutrient requisites and keeping your from meeting your macro and calorie goals.

You have to learn to look at your diet as a whole rather than singling out individual food items. I eat lots of veg and fruit and get plenty of lean protein by way of chicken, lean cuts of beef, lean cuts of pork, and fish and get my requisite fats (dietary fat is essential to proper nutrition) from avocados, nuts, eggs, olives, olive oil (and other oils), diary, etc and eat some whole grains and seeds, and a variety of legumes. I also have gummy bears almost every night for desert, and they don't negate all of that other nutrition.