I want to feel ... (No negativity zone)

Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Yo that is a good list. I might steal some ideas myself.

one I have though is
    strong= I know I will put myself into some fight situations.
  • jennyfromtheblocko
    Options
    Don't listen to trolls. Unless they're Disney trolls. Then, well, duh.

68fd67f65016525903b5a4b88115bd7b.jpg
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    great list I would make one of my own but you pretty much nailed it and made me feel good lol
  • tiffanylachaparrita
    tiffanylachaparrita Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    <3 it! I am a list maker too... when I'm trying to figure anything out I'm always like.. ."I know! Let's make a list!" :)
  • IowaPrincess
    IowaPrincess Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to trolls. Unless they're Disney trolls. Then, well, duh.

68fd67f65016525903b5a4b88115bd7b.jpg

AMEN!!!!!!! LOL
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    so what is the argument about. Post being offensive. You know what I do. I pay not attention to those people. Now if you bully pissed off someone on my friends list. Then its time for me to intervene. I don't start stuff but I will gladly finish it. If you don't like a post don't read it and move on. Let the person talk to themselves in the thread.
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Well as you see I am not a small guy. I do have some muscle. I was bullied before and was never man enough to stand up to that. So when I see this happening again I can do something about it this time around.
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Love your list! Every one of them rang true for me! Thanks for posting and your positivity:)
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    ***** My posts are open to positive people who want to laugh/encourage/motivate eachother ******
    ***** My posts are CLOSED to trolls/hate/judgement/ and pretend doctors/therapists******

Considering this is a public forum, these requests may not be granted to you. Maybe try the blog feature of MFP?

That is a good point, however....I am not doing that becuase a lot of ladies enjoy my topics and send me messages and friends requests. I dont think its fair to punish them or myself and deny an opportunity for more support becuase some people lack manners.

Disagreeing with you or offering a different point of view is not rudeness or a lack of manners.

You have posted on other topics of mine and said things that a lot of people found degrading/offensive/judgemental.
    You also do not have any business to talk to people like you are a doctor or therapist.
    I am "Ignoring" you. So that I wont see anymore of your "polite" responses on EVERY topic I post.
    Please quite following me....Thanks.

:heart: that ignore button is a powerful thing :laugh: I'm going to have to remember to use it more often! :drinker:

ETA: after using the ig button, thread got considerably shorter :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • IowaPrincess
    Options
    You got to do what you got to do :heart:
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Your list sums everything up perfectly!!
  • msbizybee
    msbizybee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am trying to motivate myself so I make lists to try and change my mood and perspective.....

Feel free to re-post and put how you want to feel in these situations, or ones that you make up

I want to feel :

Beautiful= when someone takes my picture
    Amazed= when I get on the scale :love:
    Sexy= when I get dolled up
    Confident= when i go to a meeting / interview
    Strong= when I work out
    Healthy= when I eat or climb a flight of stairs
    Energetic= when i wake up
    Happy= when I see old pictures of myself
    Positive= when i see myself in the mirror :flowerforyou:
    Excited= when I go clothes shopping
    Equal= when I am around gorgeous women or thin mints :blushing:
    Proud= when I look back six months from now at my weight loss :bigsmile:

lists always help me identify my emotions better, which usually help me from shoveling food in my face and refocus on my goals.

:heart: Good luck on your journey everyone :heart:

***** My posts are open to positive people who want to laugh/encourage/motivate eachother ******
    ***** My posts are CLOSED to trolls/hate/judgement/ and pretend doctors/therapists******

5b3d26504b13a29b4accedcdf09ee4b1.jpg

Uh huh... I know that's right!
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I love this :)
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I think your posts are generally pretty good and definitely make people smile.

I just want to say that telling trolls not to troll is like specifically inviting them to do just that. If I see negativity in my posts, I ignore it. But it also helps to take constructive criticism or varying opinions for what they are. Most of the time, they aren't intended to put you or anyone else down.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I want to feel empowered (and of course badass) when I finish a workout.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    WOW some people just talk to talk.

Shhhhh...go be negative somewhere else.

I want to feel SEXY AS *kitten* when naked ;) awww yea.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    WOW some people just talk to talk.

Shhhhh...go be negative somewhere else.

I want to feel SEXY AS *kitten* when naked ;) awww yea.

I sure you already are :smile:
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I always found it funny when people would say something like "you just dont like the way i dish out advice! i dont beat around the bush!" or "this is a public forum i can say what i want how i want to!"......when it says right there in the rule book..

"2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community."

Also, where is the ignore button? O_o I never see one on here, but I use my laptop not the phone app, is that an app only thing?

As for the OP, I just want to feel healthy and look healthy! I want to be able to get out of bed and go hmm I think I'll wear these nice jeans instead of sweatpants/yoga pants today, or a shirt that flatters my figure instead of a tent. I've been obese my entire life, so I really want to know what it feels like to be LIGHTER! I can't wait :)
  • SaltNBurnBoys
    SaltNBurnBoys Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I always found it funny when people would say something like "you just dont like the way i dish out advice! i dont beat around the bush!" or "this is a public forum i can say what i want how i want to!"......when it says right there in the rule book..

"2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community."

Also, where is the ignore button? O_o I never see one on here, but I use my laptop not the phone app, is that an app only thing?

As for the OP, I just want to feel healthy and look healthy! I want to be able to get out of bed and go hmm I think I'll wear these nice jeans instead of sweatpants/yoga pants today, or a shirt that flatters my figure instead of a tent. I've been obese my entire life, so I really want to know what it feels like to be LIGHTER! I can't wait :)

I think the key word in that is CONSTRUCTIVE. Some people are more sensitive than others, and mistake constructive criticism for rudeness. Nine times out of ten, MFP users are trying to help. Sometimes it may come off a little harsh, but sometimes that's exactly what a person needs to get himself into gear.

I didn't get myself into gear until after I was told by a nurse that I'm obese. Having someone look at you and tell you you're obese can sound rude or harsh, but REALITY is rude and harsh, and since that moment I've spent 4/5 days a week at the gym. Why? Because I want to change my reality.