Half Way !!

Options
mom2tripsn2
mom2tripsn2 Posts: 64 Member
I realize that this isn't as big of a change as a lot of people here have had...but I told myself I would post a success story when I got to my half way point (30lbs out of a 60lb goal) and I hit that mark this morning...so here it is 3 months ago we were leaving to go on vacation and there was going to be a big hot tub that I couldn't wait to get in...but I needed a bathing suit. So, we stopped on the way there so I could get one...there I was, on my way to a beautiful house in the mountains with my whole family, on a vacation I had been looking forward to for months, and I was standing in a dressing room crying my eyes out as I asked my boyfriend to bring me a bigger size..and then a bigger size..and I stood there mortified at what I was looking at in the mirror. I didn't know how much I weighed, but I knew it was the heaviest I had ever been...turns out I weighed 195lbs, which was, by far the heaviest I had ever been. When we left the store I said "I am making changes when we get back from this vacation"...and I did...I joined MFP and started logging every day...I bought a scale and started weighing in weekly...I started walking at home, doing WATP with Leslie Sansone...the weight started coming off. Then, one day, I decided I might like to run a little bit...I have no idea why as I have NEVER, EVER, enjoyed running...but that's what I felt compelled to do. I found a C25K app on my phone, went to a local trail with my kids, and started the program. I could barely make it running for 60 seconds...but I learned that barely making it is still making it and I started the mantra that "I can do ANYTHING for just one minute"...it's just one minute...and so I kept going. I ran my first 5K about 7 weeks later with a time of 36:04. I LOVE running now and am working on my training for a 10K trail run in August. I have energy to DO things now...I play basket ball and kick ball with my kids, I garden, I do more around the house in general just because I don't come home and sit like a lump in front of the TV all night...I still have a ways to go, but I know that I can do it now...I'll be back with more pictures in another 30lbs

Thanks for reading....first pic is me and my boyfriend on the vacation I wrote about..right before I started changing my life. Second pic is about 3 weeks ago (and actually about 5 pounds heavier than my half way point today) before I ran my first 5K

before_zpsbe0def5d.jpg

after_zps7401cd44.jpg

Replies

• __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Great loss, 30 lbs is very good. Keep up the hard work! I also decided to make a change and start logging with MFP when I realized I weighed 195 lbs, never thought I was that close to 200. I have about another 30 lbs to go too.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • HellaCarriefornia
    HellaCarriefornia Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This IS a big change for YOU - no need to compare to other people. :smile:

You've worked hard and it shows. Great job!! Keep it up!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. 30 pounds is amazing!!
  • TXSweety09
    TXSweety09 Posts: 30
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! I am also half way on my journey!! Feels so much better to be able to MOVE without hurting all the time! Good Luck and Blessings for the second half of your journey!!:smile:
  • LULUREBEL
    LULUREBEL Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats and good luck on the rest of the journey!
  • Smallbluepebble
    Smallbluepebble Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well done! :)
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look fantastic. Thank you for sharing this and inspiring the rest of us!
  • JoanneLynn
    JoanneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're doing good!
  • 123losinforme
    123losinforme Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yay! Great job!
  • tropic80girl
    tropic80girl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Thanks for sharing the inspiration!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You look great! Amazing! Keep up the great work!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Great Job. Keep it up.
  • robinrainford
    robinrainford Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm inspired by your 'one minute' mantra and I'll use that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!