Getting Back On Track

mustang52
mustang52 Posts: 22
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Melissa and it seems like I have been battling with my weight since I was 9 or 10 years old. I am now 40 *ughh* and have watched the scale go up and down for the last 20 years. In the past, I have lost over 100lbs....TWICE!!! The first time was before I got married/had kids and the second time was after the birth of my daughter 8 years ago and have been able to keep it off until recently.

Like many of you, I am once again in this weightloss battle and this time I WILL WIN THE WAR!!!! Before my weight gain gets out of control again, I am going to do something about it!! I would like to lose ATLEAST 15lbs as well as tone those problem flabby areas before swimsuit season.

Since I don't know anyone here on these boards, I was hoping to add you/or you add me as a friend to keep me "honest" (and I will do the same for you), as well as be there to motivate each other whether it be praise or a swift kick in the butt.:happy:

I have been a member of mfp since the summer, but it wasn't until recently, I decided to get "serious"!

Well, it's time to go work out! Hope to hear from you soon.

Melissa

Replies

• pcmoore
    pcmoore Posts: 53 Member
    Best of luck to you!
  • Melissa,
    I have had the same problems. I was always slightly over weight, but then I got married, had kids and got too busy with life. Now I am 32, weighing 215 pounds and found that I did not have as much energy as I once did. It was getting irritating getting tired before everyone else. The reason that I started MFP was because I wanted to be held accountable for what I was eating. I now find that since I have to log it I was eating way to much and not doing enough exercise. I have started slowly and I find that its easier this way. I just want to be healthier. I don't want to be as skinny as a rail. I love this site and I support you in your decision to make a better YOU!!!
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Hi My name is Susanne I have been on and off fittnesspal for about 2 years now. Trying to lose. The last time I was on I lost about 10 pounds and have kept it off. Let me tell you alittle about myself in 2003 I lost 58 pounds on WW and throughout the years it has come back. During that time I have had twins and of course that weight and flab has remained. I workout about three times a week with the WII or xbox Kinect ea sports I really like it but it is hard to find the time to do it. But I try. I have tried to connect with people on here and they have fallen short. I really need someone to answer to I think that would be a very good motivater. Looking forward to hearing from you.
This discussion has been closed.