Replies

• Ruthtanenbaum
    Ruthtanenbaum Posts: 2 Member
    Will stick to it this time around
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Hi Ruthtanenbaum!
    Welcome to myfitnesspal.
    I have been here for a week and have been doing my exercise & watching what I eat due to the help of this awesome site. Grant it, I've lost only a pound but that's a pound closer to my goal.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    Hi, Ruthtanenbaum,

Welcome, share your stories with us. Here is mine:

I started last Tuesday at 5' 7" 195 pounds. Today I weigh in at 188! A seven pound loss. I was just hoping to have lost my 2 pound goal ! Imagine my excitement. So now I'm torn between happy and concerned that so much has come off so easily. I'm seeing my doctor next week for consultation and blood work and stress test.

I have set my calorie level intake before exercise at 1200. The default allotment of calories on myfitnesspal is: Carbs 55%, Protein 15%, and Fat 30%. I am trying to stay in those parameters, and find I do go over in Protein by a couple percents on most days- but no more than 6%. I think soy pushes me over, I only eat 3 oz of meat a day and only use soy milk (as milk), and Edamame (baby soy beans, raw or cooked) is one of my favorite snacks. I’m using a 6-meal-a-day approach.

I walk every other day 30-37 minutes (2 miles) and push a 20 pound stroller. I average 3.6 mph. One day I walked alone. I always eat my calories earned by exercise. Only one day I was short by 102 calories. I am adding weights tomorrow and going to once a week with weights or stretch band exercise; and skip one walk.

I've integrated my 4 oz of Cabernet as a treat. Like tonight! I have trouble reaching calories, but not fat, carbs or protein, so Cabernet fits in. You'll juggle your faves and find a way to integrate yours as well.

Good luck to you!
  • Welcome , You have come to a great place. The support here is amazing. I have doing this a week and half and I have lost 8 lb. I usually start good and within a week something temps me. This time seem different. I read store of people with the same problem I am having and I think if they can do it so can I.
    I am doing 1200 cal. I havnt done alot of exercise latley been working alot and sitting at a desk dont help. I am hoping starting of Labor day I wont be so busy and can start more.

Good luck to you !
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    soccermommie02:

Awesome ! Good for you. You look so cute already ! Is that your B4 picture??

I was shocked when I lost the 7 pounds in 8 days. Shocked and dancing in the streets.

I have 35 total pounds to lose to reach my first big goal - and I know that it is common to lose alot in the first week and then it slows down - or so I hear. So now I am going to try to trick my body by trying different types of exercise.

I love it ! Remind me I said that when I hit a plateau...... :-)

Keep it up--- it works!
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Good luck in your healthier lifestyle endeavor! I joined last Wed (over a week ago) and have lost 5 pounds. For me, this site makes me accountable. It's great to know exactly what I am putting into my body and realizing how much I WAS overeating!! Having followed South Beach in the past, I LOVE that I can count calories and still eat a piece of chocolate cake last Saturday at a friend's wedding shower - AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT!!! Awesome. (Grilled veggies for dinner, after that cake.) Keep your focus, losing weight is hard work!

Thin feels better than any food tastes right now! I am a mother of 2; 40+ years old and slowing metabolism! Ugh!