I feel like I'm 100 years old

hotpickles
hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
In fact, I'm sure there's people that are 100 that feel better than me!

I'm sitting here thinking, and when I'm NOT exercising, I can tell. When I wake up (and usually I don't sleep that great) I feel like a pretzel. Coupled with the fact I have done nothing but sit on my rear end for the last 3 weeks, and it's a recipe for disaster.

My pms symptoms are out of control this month. Mind you, they aren't bad or excruciating, but they are definitely more noticeable than before.

Time to go to the gym and buy my membership!

Replies

• crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    love your motivation, stick with it baby, you will go far!:flowerforyou:
  • Go for it, you will feel so much better and exercise is great for PMS and stress ^_^

Feel free to add me if you want support!
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    I'm 22 right now but when I started losing weight I was 18. EIGHTEEN years old, and with 210lbs on my 5'1" frame I FELT 100 years old. I couldn't jump, I couldn't run, I couldn't dance or play sports or wear skirts without my thighs rubbing each other raw. I felt AWFUL. Taking the weight off is the best thing I could have ever done for myself. I don't feel old and decrepid any more.
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    For me, exercising solves so many issues. Exercise means I sleep better, which means I'm generally a happier person/less cranky :happy: . It also eases my PMS symptoms and definitely helps with the cramping.

I have found, just like they said for diseases like arthritis, MOVING will make it better. It will hurt at first, but in the end, you feel so much better!

Time to get yourself to the gym and/or whatever makes you move. You can do it!
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Thanks for the support! Of course I'd love to lose those few extra pounds, but now this exercise has turned into something I NEED to do for a healthy body and a healthy mind. I honestly thought to myself - WHOO HOO, I get to do nothing all day! I love this life, look at me getting up at 9:30 am, sitting in bed playing on the laptop and drinking coffee until 11:00 am, watching tv, napping, playing more on the computer, playing games, etc etc etc AND going to bed at 2:30 am!

You know what? It sucks, and my body is rebelling.
  • shadiel
    shadiel Posts: 59 Member
    Great motivation, I know exactly how you feel, i too find that exercise takes care of a lot of my issues!!!!
  • Good luck! I'm sure you'll feel much better afterward.
  • Good luck to you! :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Thanks for the support! Of course I'd love to lose those few extra pounds, but now this exercise has turned into something I NEED to do for a healthy body and a healthy mind. I honestly thought to myself - WHOO HOO, I get to do nothing all day! I love this life, look at me getting up at 9:30 am, sitting in bed playing on the laptop and drinking coffee until 11:00 am, watching tv, napping, playing more on the computer, playing games, etc etc etc AND going to bed at 2:30 am!

You know what? It sucks, and my body is rebelling.

I'm jealous you have so much free time on yours hands, that means we are really going to kick your butt in gear since you have not excuse!

I put my beloved Turbo Jam on hold (did it for 4 years) to join a gym Dec 31 and have gone 6 days a week religiously since I started. You feel soooooo good when you leave and actually I've been enjoying going since its so cold out, sitting under a blanket in front of my TV isn't good enough. The gym is warm and of course I make myself warm with sweat. There is also a space heater in the change room so at least I can get feeling back into my fingers before starting out. I use the elliptical for about 1 hour every time I go so it takes 1 1/2h out of my day to go to the gym which is hard being at work for 9+ hours and will be harder once more grad school classes start Jan 18th but I'll make it work by giving up my lunch hour to read so that I can do the gym at night.

Do it!!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Give B complex a shot. Since I have been taking it regularly it seems to have helped with the PMS and lack of energy problem. I take it every morning after breakfast and I no longer have that "gonna kill someone" feeling pre TOM, and have not felt the need for a nap (or hibernation) during TOM.
This discussion has been closed.