NIGHT HUNGER!!!

Options
queenierz
queenierz Posts: 210 Member
Okay, These days I get extremely hungry at night (like 1 hour after full dinner!!). What is happening and how should I deal with it? eat something like or fight through it?!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    were you always a night time snacker? hunger is mostly mental, if you become accustomed to eating at a certain time then you'll get hungry at those times if you dont eat. eventually your body adjusts to new eating habits

im the same, always been a night time snacker and probably always will be. i just try to keep my calories through the day as low as possible so i have room for it
  • jewelryS
    jewelryS Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It happens to me when I have been building muscle for a couple of weeks. It seems my body can't get enough food and this cycle seems to run every 2 to 3 weeks for me. I will go a few nights in a row where I am hungry even after I have eat 6 well balanced meals a day. On those nights I will let myself have some (1/4 to 1/2 cup) red grapes or blue berries to ease and sugar needs then have some kind of protein; low fat cottage cheese, hand full of raw almonds, Greek or Icelandic yogurt. This keeps me from throwing my diet into a tail spin and helps keep me from over indulgence when I get hungry at night. At least this is what works for me.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    From previous posts, OP is 18, exercising 2 hours a day, and eating only 1100 calories. She's hungry because she's not eating enough.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sheesh - I was about to say "carbs make you hungry" but clearly no mystery there.

She need an emergency cheeseburger - STAT.
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    From previous posts, OP is 18, exercising 2 hours a day, and eating only 1100 calories. She's hungry because she's not eating enough.

This! True hunger is NOT mental at all. If you're hungry, eat. Always eat. Just eat healthy is all. Unless you really have a craving for a cup of ice cream or something that is (never be afraid to treat yourself). In this case, just eat some bigger meals throughout the day, or add another meal at night for shortly before bed, maybe a salad topped with chicken and almonds, or a thick and creamy fruit smoothie or protein smoothie, or even something as simple as a sandwich made gourmet style.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

tumblr_lze76kmCxp1qbdxog.gif
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Ya judging by your other posts. You should probably either a. Eat more b. See a doctor, as your pp sound eating disordery, or c. Both
  • aarondavitian
    Options
    Sheesh. Yeah you aren't eating enough lady. 1100 is not enough.

Sometimes hunger also has to do with what you are eating. If you eat some leanprotein and rice for dinner.....that is going to make you hungry. Oils and healthy fats can keep you from feeling that way.

Dehydration also causes you to think you may be hungry.

Mainly though, if you are working out hard, you can't be afraid to feed your body. otherwise your workouts could be doing more damage than good.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    So what are you eating for dinner? Generally, foods that are higher in fats (nut butters, avocado, eggs, or my favoriite -- ribeye steak) will keep the night hungries at bay. Some of my friends who do ultramarathons (and are burning some serious cals during training) swear by nut butter in squeeze tubes...but they're also eating diets close to 70% fats just so they're not eating constantly. Sucks to be them :-D
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Mystery solved. Eat more food. I hear it is a great cure for hunger.
  • queenierz
    Options
    Nope. Its 1300+ but i will go to 1500-1600 on days I exercise.
  • queenierz
    Options
    So what are you eating for dinner? Generally, foods that are higher in fats (nut butters, avocado, eggs, or my favoriite -- ribeye steak) will keep the night hungries at bay. Some of my friends who do ultramarathons (and are burning some serious cals during training) swear by nut butter in squeeze tubes...but they're also eating diets close to 70% fats just so they're not eating constantly. Sucks to be them :-D

Usually I have chicken steak , or salmon and one cup of rice and one apple. Its just weird how I was extremely full during dinner then became extremely hungry again
  • queenierz
    Options
    Sheesh - I was about to say "carbs make you hungry" but clearly no mystery there.

She need an emergency cheeseburger - STAT.
    HAHAHHA nice one. :P I prefer mac and cheese :D