Help with Polar Loop!

Options
Hey (sorry if this is in the wrong topic!)

I bought a polar loop yesterday and struggling to figure out what the calories mean.

It says I have burnt over 3,000 kilocalories in 8 hours activity time, but this doesn't seem right to me?

Also, what is the difference between kilocalories and calories? I've searched online for the answer but can't find anything to explain it.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I would connect it to your computer and reset it to factory. Make sure you put all the settings correct. You want it set to Calories Not Kilocalories for ease of use.

Kilocalorie is another measurement for Calories of large and small food

Hope you love it as much as I do. I bought the Bluetooth HR7 HRM and it works slick for seeing your heart on your wrsit.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    It didn't give me an option for kilocalories or calories, I will try resetting it now, thanks!
  • cmbauer99
    cmbauer99 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    hmm, maybe its your location as well. A different measurement??

Now I am curious
  • callyart
    Options
    Yeah, me too! I have reset it and everything and it's still in kilocalories. But I don't even know how to measure that against Calories burnt! So annoying and confusing!
  • callyart
    Options
    So a kilocalorie and a calorie are the same? Confusing! Thank you for your help :)

Hard to believe I had burnt that many calories in a day though - but I did do close to 23,000 steps so maybe it's right?