How to Record Weight Training??????

Options
Hi! I'm new here and learning my way around. :)

I noticed that when I record a cardio session, it gets recorded and extra calories are added to compensate. However when I record a weight training session, it marks my exercise as -0 and no extra calories are added. It's strange, because it records it in my exercise log but it seems like it doesn't count it as legitimate exercise??????????

I'm confused and I think I'm missing something! Weight training is just as important to overall fitness and weight loss as cardio......and I know I need extra calories on those days as well. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Yourfitpal
    Options
    It is called strength training in the database

Also if you can't find it , manually create it as a cardio exercise and set it to 4 or 5 calories per minute.
  • Loki182
    Loki182 Posts: 31
    Options
    I was wondering abou this also. It just seems weird to see all those zeros next to my exercises.
  • vcatmb44
    vcatmb44 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i couldnt figure it out at first either you log in stregnth training under cardio and it will ask you how long
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I recorded all my sets and reps under the weight training but it didn't give a calorie count for anything. I'll go back and double check and go from there! :)
  • seachelle
    seachelle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor to figure out what I burned and enter it as cardio.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I write down all my sets and reps and enter that into the bottom portion for strength.

I also write down how long, 15 minutes or whatever.
    Then I enter that amount of minutes under Cardio. I type in "Strength Training" - it will come up as an option.

I think it should could too, cause I know I'm sweating and burning something! Ha :laugh:
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Finally got it! :smile: Thanks everyone!