lost 12 pounds but still same pants size?

Options
2»

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It is different for everyone. I first lost in the face, hands (yes, my wedding ring is now too big), and chest/arms. Eventually dropped some pants sizes.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. For me, it was 15# that I went down a size. Unfortunately it just depends on where your body decides to burn the fat from first :) Keep at it!
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    I dropped pants sizes super quickly at first when I was quite big. Have not really changed sizes the last 25 pounds or so.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    It takes me about 20 pounds to lose a size. Thats just me though.
  • littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs as of today and still wear the same pant size. although they aren't skin tight anymore and easily zip up fresh out of the dryer without having to do squats to stretch them out first.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    So your body will lose fat from where and when it pleases. If you're not doing any resistance training, though, I would recommend you start. This could help you preserve muscle mass and therefore lose mostly fat rather than muscle and fat. This way you should notice more inches lost, and possibly fit in smaller jeans a bit sooner.

1+

I had no scale change for months and went down 2 pant sizes.
  • herwholejourney
    herwholejourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I've lost 14 pounds and am still in the same jeans, but they do fit a little looser.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    So ... real talk?

When I fist started it took me a long time to drop a pants size. This isn't because I wasn't losing, or not making progress. It was because I was in denial about how much I had gained, and the pants I was wearing were actually too small to start with. So, they went from super tight to just fitting. Damn stretchy jeans were lying to me.

It was a bummer.

Not saying this is you, but I've seen it happen to myself and others.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    here is the thing 12 pounds is a lot of weight loss. I would say it is not only fat lose. You seeing the photos of a pound of fat vs pound a muscle and how much more space fat is. Don't burn the muscle you have. It aids your weight loss.

Also I had done this attempt so much differently that I am fitting in pants 15 pounds more than my second attempt = less fat more muscle from last attempt.
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Try different brands. You'll be surprised how much they vary.
  • laratacita
    laratacita Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm down one pants size, but I'm not too worried about that. On the other hand, I'm down 3 shoe sizes now, and I've lost over 30 pounds. (My own numbers show about 36 so far. I had some problems with my bathroom scale that showed me losing weight far more quickly for a while.)

Okay, I"m bragging. Most people don't want to admit they need larger pants than they do, and manufacturers have different sizes. Where your body loses fight is controlled by genetics.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 25 pounds, and all my clothes still fit, they just fit better. Except for my swimsuit bottom. That's pretty loose.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50 - not a single pant size. Everyone is different.