I love abs

I love doing abs exercises! A lot of people hate them but not me... I get really happy when abs/core are part of my MMA routine!

So...
What is your favorite exercise?
What is your least favorite exercise and why?

Replies

• GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Favourite: OHP/OHP variants (because lifting things above your head is fun, and each time I stop lifting my OHP bounces back fastest so it massages my ego slightly better).

Least: assorted "ab work" (I prefer to work my core as a byproduct of other things. As a [to be fair, much much fitter] teenager I did endless sit-ups and such at rugby training/in the mornings/when bored but it is a waste of time now/I am [definitely] too lazy).
  • Granada88
    Granada88 Posts: 40 Member
    I like doing concentration kicks...such as Round kick and sid kicks in very slow movements, like dynamic tension... sometimes with ankle weights. I also like doing back rows when lifting.

However, my least favorite exercise is Pushups. Because, when I'm down on the floor, all the blood seems to run right to my head.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    I'm a fan of ab isolation work as well.

Favorite - Either Weighted V-Up or Cable Crunches

Least Favorite - Hanging Leg Raise (knees to chest) - because they suck to do!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    pull ups probably, because i worked damn hard to be able to do them and now i can actually do a pretty decent amount of reps/sets

ohp is a close second, followed by deadlifts
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I like doing concentration kicks...such as Round kick and sid kicks in very slow movements, like dynamic tension... sometimes with ankle weights. I also like doing back rows when lifting.

However, my least favorite exercise is Pushups. Because, when I'm down on the floor, all the blood seems to run right to my head.

I like doing slow movements as well. I find that using your own body weight and resistance along with focused concentrated effort is the absolute best! Nothing builds more overall strength and endurance (for me personally)!
  • 2_FitNFab
    2_FitNFab Posts: 163 Member
    Me too! It's actually my Favorite! Shaun T insane Abs :heart:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Favourite by far is Deadlift. My least favourite exercise is the bench press, but that's because I'm terrible at it, lol. I don't actually mind direct ab work - I quite like weighted decline sit ups.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Abdominal L-sit, one legged balances and pull-ups - because I really suck at all three of them but I'm not giving up and I have to earn every tiny bit of progress.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Also for part of our WODs we sometimes have to do hundreds of knee tucks... I hate those! I also hate jump boxes. I can do them easy enough but I have a total mental block... afraid of them. All I need is a twisted ankle or a busted shin and my dance career is over! My trainer said he would let me wear shin guards if that would help... but it doesn't LOL!
  • Johnplusfour
    Johnplusfour Posts: 105
    Fav: Dragon flags

Least favorite: Doing someone elses exercise.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    chest exercises
    and weighted chin/pull ups.

trying to get my weighted pull ups higher....
    Currently hitting bodyweight + 100 lbs
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    My favorite ab workout is dragon flags. I'm only strong enough to do a reverse, but man they are great! Soon, the full dragon flag will be mine...
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Double post
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    One thing for abs I have started doing is either with hanging leg straps or in one of those hanging leg raise seats...

Hold my legs out straight and hold in that position, so I am at ~90 degrees
    And hold for 30+ seconds....
    Have been trying to work to 1 min.

Kinda like the gymnasts do when they are on the rings
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Also for part of our WODs we sometimes have to do hundreds of knee tucks... I hate those! I also hate jump boxes. I can do them easy enough but I have a total mental block... afraid of them. All I need is a twisted ankle or a busted shin and my dance career is over! My trainer said he would let me wear shin guards if that would help... but it doesn't LOL!

Old fashioned crunches, planks with a dumbbell row, squats w/dumbbell core twists, and knee tucks. I didn't like them to start but they are easier for me now and I like the feeling I get in my abs when I do them.

I'm afraid to try the jump boxes. I know I have a mental block on those. I have the equipment and space to do them but just ugh... lol worried I'm going to break something trying.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Love pallof presses and I totally feel my core working hard during zercher squats and lunges
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    i cant really choose a favourite but heres my top five:

bicycle crunches
    skipping
    press ups - loads of variations eg reptile press ups
    plank - actually this is probably my favourite as i have always been extremely competitive with this move, at boxing training when i was a kid and i was the only one there as everyone else were adults, we would always do plank for the last bit and it was whoever lasts the longest an i would always win or draw and it still remains my best
    and high knees is one of my worst as i hate doing it but still love it at the same time
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    I love doing abs exercises! A lot of people hate them but not me... I get really happy when abs/core are part of my MMA routine!

So...
    What is your favorite exercise?
    What is your least favorite exercise and why?

I'll love abs when i'll see mine....hihihi my preferite exercise is legs.