Fast food hamburger, think again next time

Options
If you are like me an occasionally have a craving for a fast food burger, please open this article below. After seeing this, I don't think I will EVER want one again. This just really grossed me out. Maybe a good incentive to stay away...

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatthis/truth-about-your-weight-gain

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just more incentive to stay away from the processed foods. I liked the eat right rule at the end: If it can go bad, it's good for you. If it can't go bad, it's bad for you! The article probably won't keep me away from fast food altogether, but it might be some extra incentive to keep it even more to a minimum.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Yep, that will definitely keep me away!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is NASTY!!!! I can't eat fast food hamburger meat anyways. It grosses me out so bad! But I just shared that with my husband who is a Carls Jr addict! Maybe this will help him! LOL
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I read the article last week, so now everything I see a McDonald's commercial and think....that looks good.....I say to myself....Heads and Hooves, Angie....Heads and Hooves.....and that seems to kill the desire!!!!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I read the article last week, so now everything I see a McDonald's commercial and think....that looks good.....I say to myself....Heads and Hooves, Angie....Heads and Hooves.....and that seems to kill the desire!!!!

haha- I like that. I'm stealing your mantra!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Eeek! That does make me think twice about downing a fast food burger. I am amazed at the truth about turkey bacon, too.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I had a fast food hamburger. If I want one, I make it at home. Fast food is NASTY.
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Heads and Hooves, Angie....Heads and Hooves.....and that seems to kill the desire!!!!

Do you know what Jello is made from???
  • tdpassley
    tdpassley Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just googled it. OK not eating jello anymore either!!! LOL Keep this up and I won't have anything to eat but fruits and veggies, which would be a good thing!
  • YeahMe
    YeahMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    OMG that is disgusting....I don't think I will ever want another fast food burger again!
  • jsecret
    jsecret Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I was looking for this article the other day when the discussion of bacon vs turkey bacon came up (again lol)
  • ginnyroxx
    ginnyroxx Posts: 763
    Options
    I was looking for this article the other day when the discussion of bacon vs turkey bacon came up (again lol)
    they can't make me look! hold me!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I don't know what jello is made of.........guess if you ask that question...I don't want to know!!!!
    YIKES!!!!!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing. I have been one of those people that will still eat fast food (EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE), but now I think not anymore. The funny thing is I enjoy a homemade burger way more...I just need to stop being lazy and make it.
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    OH, yes I read that I am am with you on that. I email the article to my son who is 23, under weight and a fast food junkie, hie remark was soooo. We will see in another 5 or so years!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I just googled it. OK not eating jello anymore either!!! LOL Keep this up and I won't have anything to eat but fruits and veggies, which would be a good thing!

Long story short ~ a few months ago I was wondering why a certain candy was a particular color and got more info then I bargained for. Which led me to look up even more foods, there was a lot of "that's gross"
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    In a pinch...I'll still pick up a burger. Same peeps that recommend eating a whopper jr, no mayo and a side salad.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    So that's why that fast food burger sits in my tummy like a rock - or maybe more like a head or hoof!

And now I know why I don't like Bac-O's. I prefer real bacon bits when I use them. I'll have to let my man know. He prefers the Bac-O's

Smuckers natural creamy PB is my fave. I like it better than regular creamy.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Long story short ~ a few months ago I was wondering why a certain candy was a particular color and got more info then I bargained for. Which led me to look up even more foods, there was a lot of "that's gross"

Have you heard about what is put into raspberry flavored sweets and candies? Anal secretions from the beaver. Apparently it enhances the raspberry flavor
  • edinat
    edinat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    WoW i never eat fast food, especially not burgers, sometimes , when i used toget fast food it would be chicken, but i know those are filled with junk too.

I make my own burgers, we actually get our own meat from Amish ppl that feed their cows with natural things, and dont put hormones in them. I don't even like buying meat from the store, then we grind it ourselves.

Its really amazing what these money making companies will feed us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we dont even know it. I kind of always wondered how they can supply so many cows :) there is so many ppl and so many fast food restaurants, and thats why they use hormones in chickens and cows.

I stick to cooking at home !!! Thats the best, its clean, no matter how u cook it, it will be defiantly healthier then fast food.