Low Calorie Breakfast Recipes/Ideas?

Options
tarcotti
tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
I need some more ideas for breakfast. I usually eat a egg white omelet every morning and vary the vegetables in it and switch between cheese, turkey sausage or Canadian bacon every few days. Obviously, I'm getting a little sick of this routine. Sometimes I just eat a bowl of cereal with skim milk, but I really love to have protein in the morning.

For me, I can't eat fruit in the morning (except something mild like bananas) I have...well, digestive issues with that. Also I hate yogurt. Sometimes I do egg muffins, (I bake them beforehand and freeze them) but does anyone have any other ideas? Something low effort is fine, but I love to bake and cook so I'd like to have some recipes too.

Between 200-400 calories is preferred!

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    a 2 egg omlete with some veggies and whatnot will put you around there

i usually stick to 2 eggs and a slice of toast, ~350 cals
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I made some awesome HEALTHY blueberry muffins that I eat with my egg whites and coffee.

This morning I made egg whites and made a little burrito using slices of ham with cheese. it was super delish and high in protein.

1 piece of toast, some jelly, 1 slice of cheddar and a fried egg is good as well.

I make egg muffins for my husband on the weekend to run out the door with. You can add in whatever you want. Last week I did sausage and cheese. Spinach, onions and mozzarella is also good.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options
    cooked oatmeal with 1/2 banana sliced into it

grape nuts with 1/2 banana sliced into it, with almond milk, heated in microwave

toast a piece of whole wheat or other high-fiber bread with 1 or 2 tablespoons nut butter of your choice and/or 1/2 banana smooshed onto it.
  • GoForLew
    GoForLew Posts: 22
    Options
    Lately I have been having cereal with some cranberries and walnuts mixed in with 1% milk. It is actually really good and filling with the additions. You could vary this with different additives, of course.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    OH! Protein pancakes with sliced banana or any fruit really.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean cereal has protein & fiber. I like to add this to flavored yogurt with berries & slivered almonds.

Greek Yogurt with Grapenuts sprinkled in, has protein & fiber.

Special K (original) and Special K Protein both have protein. Add fruit for fiber.

Oatmeal made with milk (for protein) add PB2 (powdered peanut butter) & maple syrup.
  • Ringer1022
    Ringer1022 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do a whipped egg omlette in the microwave.
    2 eggs
    1oz ham (I use the Sams Club black forest)
    .5 - 1oz cheese (I prefer cheddar)

Mix all togather... Comes to 225 calories of cheese on the lower side and VERY filling and pretty good protein for the morning. Keeps me full until my lunch.