what exercise helped you to get a flat tummy?

Options
Know there.is no spot reduction but there has tok gout be a form of exercises that yoube noticed helped the most with the tummy region. Please share your exrcises!

Replies

• ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love crunches and standing crunches. It all comes down to food but to work the abs underneath, those are my favorites. I use T25 and Insanity-Shaun T knows his ab workouts!
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    an exercise that would flatten an area would be spot reduction, of which there is no such thing. the thing that helped flatten my tummy was losing weight - i had very strong abs beneath the fat, but you couldn't see them.

i used to do 100s of crunches or situps, was working an ab machine and doing pull downs at 120 pounds for over 50 reps but my tummy was still pooched and stuck out.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    superset fork putdowns with seated table pushbacks
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Well sarcastically (even though it's true), it's food scale weighing exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    burpees, planks and crunches

but mostly giving up sugar and alcohol
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You just said you know there's no spot reduction♡ there really are none.

Best chance at a flat stomach:

1. Moderate calorie deficit
    2. Weightlifting
    3. Good Amount Of Protein (Typically 1g Per Pound Of Lean Body Mass )
    4. Lots of patience

Where we lose is genetics. I had to lose 10 lbs below my original goal weight to see a good difference in my stomach. It stinks but you just have to keep swimming!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    burpees, planks and crunches

but mostly giving up sugar and alcohol

You couldn't pay enough to do or give up any of those things :P
  • j3nn75
    j3nn75 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    eating enough, my ab workout, planks, full body exercises and walking, works for me
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    No matter how hard I work out, it all comes down to what I'm eating. But when I'm properly fueling my body with lots of protein and healthy fats, I notice it looks best when I do HIIT mixed with strength training. I love any and all workouts by Jillian Michaels and Sean T! Bob Harper also has some great videos as well
  • splashtree2
    splashtree2 Posts: 277
    Options
    Eating well, diet let'say mostly diet then any exercise is good, basically crunches, side plank, flutter kicks, sit ups.