Anyone doing the Runner's World Run Streak Challenge?

Options
amytag
amytag Posts: 206 Member
Run at least one mile per day between Memorial Day and 4th of July.

Trying it....on day 4, only running one mile on my "rest days". Technically, I'm on day 6 since I also ran on Saturday or Sunday. I have never run 40 days without a break and I hope it doesn't cause me to hurt myself - if that seems to be happening, I'll just stop!

Replies

• jojo28012
    jojo28012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am doing it too, so glad you posted. I am only doing 1 mile a day on my rest days as well (3-4 miles three days a week). I was wondering about doing the 40 days straight and injuries. Hope it doesn't happen. I'll friend you so we can motivate each other.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am doing it as well. And, although I plan on running every day, the rules do state that you can walk. So, if the running every day gets to be too much, you can throw some walks in on your rest days instead.

Good luck ladies!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I signed up for it as well. I was going to point out the walking as well. My plan is to run every day, but if it's not practical or I'm hurting, I'll walk it. I work out every day but I don't run on a regular basis, so I'm excited to see if I can make it the whole 40 days. Good luck!
  • twinmom_112002
    twinmom_112002 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I am doing it.

I did a streak for lent and it was amazing. My goal is to run or walk at least 1 purposeful mile a week (walking to starbucks doesn't count). It is amazing how easy it is to fit in.

I don't think the official runners world one allows walking which is why I didn't sign up over there.
  • jojo28012
    jojo28012 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Anyone still going strong? I am-- Day 33; 67 miles!!! Seven days left!