40 Lbs Lost today with pics

Mbierschbach
Mbierschbach Posts: 94 Member
February2014_zps282cfca6.jpg
June2014_zps73ccdac7.jpg

This Februrary pic was actually after losing 8-10 lbs already. Today I jumped on the scale and saw a number I though unattainable back in January when I started. I lost 40 lbs back when I was 26 and thought my 35 year old metabolism was a valid excuse that it would never happen again. Hitting the gym hard, tracking calories, and eating right I dropped 40 lbs in 24 weeks. Now what's "never gonna happen again" is regaininig that same stupid 40 lbs.

I never thought I'd "be a runner" and I now can run 2-3 miles at a 8:15 pace (no track star...but hey...)

Oh, and to any guys out there concerned about losing strength from dropping weight - don't be. I end my pyramid sets of bench press 250x6, deadlift 315x8, and squat 315x6. Some lifts I'm plateaued currently, others I'm still making gains while losing fat. I won't try and say I'm adding muscle while losing fat - I'm just finding it underneath there.

January 20th - 235.4 ~ 30% b.f.
June 27th - 195.0 ~ 13? b.f.
Final goal??? - something around 8-10% body fat. Maybe less but I want sustainable.

Oh, yeah........tattoos. I know.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!