Decadent Chocolate Mousse... 150 kcal!!

Options

Replies

• chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    nyiballs-- I made your recipe for the massive shrimp cake and that was excellent, so now I will give this recipe a try!
  • mnwolfgirl
    Options
    I have to agree, cljones302. There has to be a better whip than the dream whip. It's a non-food item - totally manufactured. Being more diligent about the actual ingredients we put into our bodies is an important part of our weight loss journey. I liked the egg white idea. I may have to try that one.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Dream Whip but I'll try this one. If you want a ready made choc mousse, Jello makes Chocolate Indulgence
    Mousse Temptations which is sugar free and 60 calories and 2 g of protein.

Ingredients: Water, xylitol, cream, cocoa, modified cornstarch, gelatin, milk protein concentrate, salt sodium stearoyl
    lactylate, sucralose, acsulfame potassium
  • adstott
    adstott Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!
  • stacyg1979
    stacyg1979 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sounds great... will try
  • IAmJustina
    IAmJustina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    First I'd like to say thanks to the OP. Some of you who are complaining come up with another recipe on your own or at least post an alternative with a positive light. Sheesh, does it make some of you feel good to dog another persons ideas? Isn't there enough negativity surrounding those who are trying to lose weight without adding more. Really though, if you were that awesome, lean, and healthy you wouldn't be on MFP.

Relax no one is coming to your house to make this recipe and force it down your throat.
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ok - just to clarify my situation - I thought it sounded great. Then I read it, and realised that it was no way my sort of thing. I felt as though I had a right to make my point about it, but to try to do it without being too nasty.

I have read thousands of horribly negative posts over my life as a forum member (not just this one), and thought I wasn't too negative. Still, it's good to balance out opinions.

I took the time to read it, think about it, and decide my opinion. I didn't realise that because I didn't agree, I had no right to reply.

You have the right to say what you want but you don't have to be smug and rude...which is what you were. But, don't take my criticism personally I was just making a statement on what I thought was wrong.
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psylvester1
    Options
    Is the "vanilla" the same thing as Vanilla Extract?

My husband says some people don't belong in a kitchen and I'm one of them. Works for me!

Thanks.
  • fowlerly
    fowlerly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    This sounds great! I'll have to try it sometime :-)
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Another delicious recipe to try. Thanks for sharing!
  • esai465
    esai465 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just made this and it's delicious! The texture is great, very rich, totally satisfies the craving for something rich and chocolatey. Thanks for the recipe!!
  • nyiballs
    nyiballs Posts: 147
    Options
    Been playing with meringue instead of the dream whip, but don't have anything worth sharing yet.
  • cowleyl
    cowleyl Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I don't think we can buy Dream Whip in Australia. Bugger!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Looks delish!! Thank you
  • MistyRose0424
    MistyRose0424 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump will have to try. Thank you :)
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lisamaree78
    lisamaree78 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, do any Aussies know what the alternative to Dream Whip is?