Meal ideas please!! Ed recovery

Options
I have to gain 2kg a week so what kind of things will help me with that? My bmi is 16 so I need to gain. Snack ect

Replies

• bronsted93
    bronsted93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    DAIRY. Yogurt (greek and regular), cheese, milk etc.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Options
    Ice cream, with whatever toppings you want!
  • superhippo95
    superhippo95 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    food
    caloric dense sources: whole milk, cheese, steak, fatty fish, eggs, bacon, sausage, oils, peanut butter, nuts, avocado, died fruit, ice cream, milkshakes, pizza, pasta, oats, candy, fries, cake, chips, cereal, hashbrowns, waffles, pancakes
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    Aswell as eating crisps, chocolate, mcdonalds, doughnuts, cheese, bread, beef, whenever i want to jump up a few kilos i have this, 100g oats, full fat milk, honey, nuttela, olive oil, all in a blender, blend till nice and smooth and you have a calorie bomb in a glass. 1 or 2 of them plus what you're eating and you'll gain.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, brownies, cookies, pizza, burgers, BBQ, doughnuts, chocolate milk, steak, pasta, cheese.
  • notwhatyouthink
    notwhatyouthink Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tilapia with salsa, grilled veggies. Can't believe people are asking yoy to eat sweets and high fat foods.

Also try granola andfruit with almond milk.

Kind bars and an apple make a fine snack.

Ready Pac salads or wraps

Message me if you need other ideas.
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Tilapia with salsa, grilled veggies. Can't believe people are asking yoy to eat sweets and high fat foods.

Grilled veggies won't help her gain weight. They are usually low cal.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Can you meet with a dietician to get some meal plans and a good idea of how many calories to eat?
  • notwhatyouthink
    notwhatyouthink Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Just thinking of things less likely to be fearfoods. I have certain triggers myself.
  • lucasmoten
    lucasmoten Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I like coconuts and avocados. Either are good as snacks or toppings.
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I am really confused because I tried to look at diary but it is closed I guess, but was able to read back some posts and it seems OP was trying to lose, now is trying to gain. People told her how to eat at a deficit. I guess that was a few months ago so maybe she was trying to lose then, but now is sick of her ED and is trying to gain again?

I think 138 is a healthy weight, for your height, but could use a few more pounds. I am 5'5" and it tells me I think between 115 and like 145. So, I think you could stand a few more pounds at 5'7".

I really hate to sound stupid of ED's but can't you just not worry about what you are eating and just eat (I know people with ED's have huge fears of gaining and it is not as simple as just eat)? Not worry about logging for a while? Not worrying about calories? Just enjoying the taste of food?

Do you enjoy food? What are some things you really enjoy eating? Is somebody making you gain weekly or do you want to do this just for you (which I applaud tremendously if true)?

I am a smoker, and wish so bad I can quit, so I can relate somewhat to just wanting to be healthy. It is hard when it is in your head all the time.

I won't tell you to see a therapist, as you have done that ad nauseum, and they probably help some, but you have to want to do this for you, and maybe one day some therapist, counselor, doctor will come along that you absolutely love and can connect with in mind/emotion who can help you with the brain part of your ED.

I am probably just really confused and am not sure what OP is asking, and I am no diet expert, or ED expert, my heart just hurts for you.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You really need to go to a nutritonist or DR. They need to be telling you what to do
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Salads? Veggies? For an anorexic in recovery? Seriously. Maybe do some research before responding. Those are not the sorts of foods that are going to help her gain weight. And actually, high fat foods and some sweets are generally encouraged during weight recovery. Also, she needs to be overcoming fear foods, not continuing that behaviour. Food should not be feared and part of recovery is dealing with that area.
  • Florameg456
    Florameg456 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am really confused because I tried to look at diary but it is closed I guess, but was able to read back some posts and it seems OP was trying to lose, now is trying to gain. People told her how to eat at a deficit. I guess that was a few months ago so maybe she was trying to lose then, but now is sick of her ED and is trying to gain again?

I think 138 is a healthy weight, for your height, but could use a few more pounds. I am 5'5" and it tells me I think between 115 and like 145. So, I think you could stand a few more pounds at 5'7".

I really hate to sound stupid of ED's but can't you just not worry about what you are eating and just eat (I know people with ED's have huge fears of gaining and it is not as simple as just eat)? Not worry about logging for a while? Not worrying about calories? Just enjoying the taste of food?

Do you enjoy food? What are some things you really enjoy eating? Is somebody making you gain weekly or do you want to do this just for you (which I applaud tremendously if true)?

I am a smoker, and wish so bad I can quit, so I can relate somewhat to just wanting to be healthy. It is hard when it is in your head all the time.

I won't tell you to see a therapist, as you have done that ad nauseum, and they probably help some, but you have to want to do this for you, and maybe one day some therapist, counselor, doctor will come along that you absolutely love and can connect with in mind/emotion who can help you with the brain part of your ED.

I am probably just really confused and am not sure what OP is asking, and I am no diet expert, or ED expert, my heart just hurts for you.

I don't think id ever manage to get back to 138 because I'd most probably relapse and lose it all again. I've tried not counting but I've found that in order for me to have enough in the day I have to count. I'm being forced to gain or I'll be made inpatient and no I'm not really doing it for myself, eating doesn't give me pleasure and there is few foods that I can say that I enjoy. It's a long process I guess, and I hope that I can overcome it one day
  • KayJaMikel
    KayJaMikel Posts: 341 Member
    Options

I don't think id ever manage to get back to 138 because I'd most probably relapse and lose it all again. I've tried not counting but I've found that in order for me to have enough in the day I have to count. I'm being forced to gain or I'll be made inpatient and no I'm not really doing it for myself, eating doesn't give me pleasure and there is few foods that I can say that I enjoy. It's a long process I guess, and I hope that I can overcome it one day

Ahh, I'm sorry. What happens if you meet their expectations of weekly gains and for how long do you have to maintain a gain each week for? I imagine you will have to maintain at followup visits, right?

Mainly just high-calorie foods. Find something you like and eat it a few times a day. I don’t know if you like pizza, but I just ate Little Ceaser's hot and ready, the Sicilian type, and ate 2 pieces and that was 700 and change calories and that was only 1 meal, so add 2 more meals of something less filling if that is too much for you. Maybe something like that. McDonald's? French fries? Ice cream, cake. Cheese is good too.

Mainly I just want to give you a hug!! Good luck.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Tilapia with salsa, grilled veggies. Can't believe people are asking you to eat sweets and high fat foods.
    Also try granola andfruit with almond milk. Kind bars and an apple make a fine snack.

Salads? Veggies? For an anorexic in recovery? Seriously. Maybe do some research before responding. Those are not the sorts of foods that are going to help her gain weight. And actually, high fat foods and some sweets are generally encouraged during weight recovery. Also, she needs to be overcoming fear foods, not continuing that behaviour. Food should not be feared and part of recovery is dealing with that area.

Actually, the basic salad is not fattening. It's what you put on the salad. I saw an article elsewhere on MFP about eating in restaurants--that goes into salad toppings and dressings. Cheese adds calories, as do croutons and dressings.
  • pleasurelittletreasure
    pleasurelittletreasure Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Hun, 4 months ago you stated you were 124lbs at 5"7" and today you are a bmi of 16 which is 103lbs. I'm really worried. You can ask us what to eat to gain weight but...I think it isn't enough for strangers on a website to tell you to eat, even if we care so much that it hurts. I've been where you're at. I had someone close that helped me. The best advice I could give you would be to kick and scream and shout until someone close to you *listens*. Food is only one part of the equation.
  • ImAnuk
    ImAnuk Posts: 6
    Options
    i take forever 2 eat and feel full fast, ive found making smoothies are an easy way to get lots of food in 4 a meal.

heres an idea

smoothie

1/2 avocado
    2 cups fresh spinach leves
    1 mango
    1/2 cup blueberries
    2 cups water
    add ice blend you may need more water.

OR

1/2 frozen banana
    1 TBS RAW UNSALTED Almond butter
    1 cup strawberries

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/raw-nutrition-karyn-mitchell/1113759047?ean=9781591202967
    look up this book

good luck if u have questions ask me :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

you must be new here- and not bulk often.

please don't offer ANY more advice when you're clearly not up to speed on how this work.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options

I feel you've misunderstood the question. Gaining 2 kg/week = roughly 16,000 extra cals to intake.
    So, per day, that's over 2000 calories on top of normal maintenance calories.
    Things like nuts, high fat dairy, fatty meat, avocados, fruit juices and whole grains would work very nicely for OP's goal.
    It would take over 12,000 grams of tilapia to make up 16,000 cals!