eating healthy food for a flat stomach, true or false?

Options
I've been ating basically whatever I want within calories but my stomach still looks jiggly and if not bigger! Many have told me to.geta.flat stomach I need to cut out all junk food and it makes me think if that is really the way to go. I've been at this now for almost a year, lost 30 pounds but my stomach still remains fat. My goal is to have a flat stomach, that's all. I've been taking advice from many yet it does not work. Is my only option lipo? Here is a link to a pic of my "pooch"

http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj560/malucamenina88/image_zps8f6eab1d.jpg

Replies

• quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Options
    In for answers
  • Sobus76
    Sobus76 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters what you eat, if you have fat on your stomache you don't want, you just have to lose more weight period, you can't pick where you lose it. Other then that do ab exercises to maybe tone your abs.

I couldn't get your link to work.
  • DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My stomach swells when I eat gluten, but I have celiac disease.
  • klight1236
    klight1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    In for answers too. I've never had a big stomach and always had abs and defined obliques even when I wasn't working out, but i've never been overweight or anything over a 6 so I guess it's different. However, from what i've heard eating healthy food and having a low sodium intake does help.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    False. Plain old false.

You can't "spot-lose" fat.

There is nothing wrong with your tummy.

Try heavy weight lifting. i can't tell even begin to tell you how many wonderful changes I've seen in my body since changed from light weights to heavy weights.
  • lamornamarie
    Options
    Stomach work outs?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    My stomach is flat and I eat a lot of junk food.
  • earthboundmisfit
    earthboundmisfit Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Try heavy lifting. It'll work wonders on your metabolism. But you have to be patient. The fat on your tummy will come off in time if you lose weight. Calories-in-calories out is what counts. I don't eat junk food because it makes me feel crummy but that's just me.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    False.

Lift heavy.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Try heavy lifting. It'll work wonders on your metabolism. But you have to be patient. The fat on your tummy will come off in time if you lose weight. Calories-in-calories out is what counts. I don't eat junk food because it makes me feel crummy but that's just me.

this. It's a body fat issue. If that's the last place you have it, that's the last place you'll lose it.

Lift the heavy stuff. Eat the foods. Be patient. It's slow but it works.
  • joshbond85
    joshbond85 Posts: 28
    Options
    Genetics has determined that your body will focus fat stores to your stomach. There's nothing you can do to change this fact. The only way to flatten your stomach is to get your body fat percentage down further. Weight lifting will build more muscle and in turn, increase your metabolic rate and burn more calories. It will not specifically target any area of the body, but will work to reduce fat throughout the entire body until you hit a new equalibrium.
  • MeRoHa
    MeRoHa Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person that said cutting out gluten helps. Trying to really limit wheat has made a huge difference for me.

About a year ago when I started this weight loss path I also started talking CLA supplement. It was featured on Dr. Oz. It is supposed to assist with metabolizing fat that is stored around the abdomen/stomach. I am not sure how it works, but I definitely saw improvement. I do not have and never will have abs of steel, but it has help a lot. You might read about it and see if it is something you are interested in trying.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Any food is healthy in the proper quantity and context just as any food can be unhealthy in improper portions and context. A flat stomach will be gained though fat loss and fat loss is gained with a calorie deficit. The foods used to maintain a deficit are irrelevant (in purely weight loss term).
  • JoeCampbell85
    Options
    What you eat isn't super important. Though eating a lot of junk food will do awful things to your insulin and increase your risk for metabolic disorders. That beings said, here is a professor from K-state who lost 27 lbs on a "twinkie diet."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/

Pooch is a cute word for fat on your stomach. Want to get rid of the pooch, lose the fat.

Oh, and Dr. Oz is a snake oil salesman.
  • jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all your answers. The hardest part of all this is what's mosr important and that's patience. Its been a year now to get to how I look now so maybe another year to get where I want it to be