"Aunt Flow" Guys may want to stay away from this post LOL

Options
aem91409
aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
Okay so I started my weight loss journey [I don't like calling it a diet, because I don't plan on ever stopping what I'm doing] in February. And let's just say that my body has never decided to make my life easy and give me regular periods, but I mean at least I always get one every month. However, my last one was April 7th! I've taken I think 6 pregnancy tests since then, because I'm super paranoid about getting pregnant again before my sisters wedding in August. They're all negative, but my damn period just won't come! Never thought I'd see the day that I want it to, but I want it to for two reasons - [1] I'm sick of being paranoid that I'm pregnant all the damn time and wasting money on pregnancy tests (those things aren't fricken cheap) and [2] I'm starting to feel like I'm on my period all the time! I'm emotional, cramping, want to eat everything I see, etc. It's so frustrating! I called my doctor and she said she wants me to wait until this time next month and if I don't get it by then she wants me to come in.
Just curious if anyone else has had this happen? My doc said it is probably because of the diet change and exercising, but if this has happened to you, how long has it lasted?! Cuz I'm going nuts! :explode:

Replies

• twopeas2
    twopeas2 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes it's happened to me, but I think it resolved itself the following month or close to it?
  • dianastepheny
    dianastepheny Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just happened to me. I apparently was overdoing it on exercise. I was eating 1550 calories a day and eating back exercise calories (I'm 5' 4" and over 200 pounds). I was doing 3 one hour Zumba classes a week, bowling one night a week, and walking 2 miles a day (the first mile completely uphill while pushing a stroller with a 35 pound child in it) 5 days a week. My body rebelled. My weight loss stalled, my period skipped a month, and I was achey all the time. So, I upped my calories to 1600 per day ( now I'm up to 1650) and stopped walking. I also took a brief hiatus from Zumba, although I built that back in. After I made those changes, I dropped 3 pounds that week. Then, my period decided to come back. So, make sure you're eating enough to support any exercise you are doing and that you gradually increase your physical activity. I originally just jumped right in and went from doing nothing, to all of the activity I mentioned. It was too much, too fast, with too little in calories.
  • Sora4ever
    Sora4ever Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think it's currently happening to me right now. I'm ten days late so I understand the frustration. I know I'm not pregnant (I'm not sexually active). It's really nothing to worry about. =]
  • aem91409
    aem91409 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Yup. Just happened to me. I apparently was overdoing it on exercise. I was eating 1550 calories a day and eating back exercise calories (I'm 5' 4" and over 200 pounds). I was doing 3 one hour Zumba classes a week, bowling one night a week, and walking 2 miles a day (the first mile completely uphill while pushing a stroller with a 35 pound child in it) 5 days a week. My body rebelled. My weight loss stalled, my period skipped a month, and I was achey all the time. So, I upped my calories to 1600 per day ( now I'm up to 1650) and stopped walking. I also took a brief hiatus from Zumba, although I built that back in. After I made those changes, I dropped 3 pounds that week. Then, my period decided to come back. So, make sure you're eating enough to support any exercise you are doing and that you gradually increase your physical activity. I originally just jumped right in and went from doing nothing, to all of the activity I mentioned. It was too much, too fast, with too little in calories.

Wow yeah that is a lot of exercise to just start up on. I don't think that's my problem though, I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories a day even when I work out. I work out 3-5 times a week. (I'm 5'3" and 154 pounds). So I don't think I'm eating too few calories. I originally started in February at 1200 and I got very week so that's why I bumped it up. I bumped them up in early March so I still got it March and April so IDK!!!