Looking for some supportive MFP friends.

Options
Hi all. Although I'm pretty consistent about healthy eating and exercise, I would really love to have some more people in my friends list who I can talk with, be it for friendship or helpful weight loss support. Also, I'll feel more like a part of the community. :) Please write here or send a message with any friend requests, though, okay?

I especially would love to hear from you if you struggle with any physical issues that you struggle with setting you back. My joints and tendons are fairly screwed up, and I often find myself excited to be losing weight and feeling healthy and energetic, and suddenly I'm hobbling around because of yet another dislocation! You don't have to have similar problems, but it would be nice to hear from anyone who knows the stress of feeling constantly set back!

Some little things about me, for anyone who is interested: I do 3D modeling, rigging, and animation, as well as a number of other art forms both visual and literary. I'm extremely quirky and can be very silly or very thoughtful, depending on the situation. I'm easy to talk to, and I love meeting people who are interested in things I know little about because I love to learn. I love animals and being outdoorsy. I also have extremely high-functioning schizoaffective-bipolar 1 disorder, which is really complicated but is basically part schizophrenia and part mood disorder (in my case, manic-depressive.) I've become pretty confident and open about it and it makes life extremely interesting, so if you are curious, you could ask me about it.

Replies

• JimTs
    JimTs Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just added you.
    Nice to meet you, my name is Dimitris.
    Wow you are very brave for that last paragraph that you wrote. But nothing beats that confidence that you seem to have! :D
    About those tendons, you do warm ups with light/no weights before working out right?
  • silencioesoro
    silencioesoro Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That's definitely me with my knees, I can get in long runs, good workout sessions, then the next day, I can't be bothered because they hurt so bad simply because I crouched down one time.

As for the little things about you, they definitely are interesting! I like to fool around with photoshop, but I'm nowhere as incredibly talented as you sound to be! I'd like to learn more about your disorder, I always find things like that incredibly fascinating.
  • LeopardSpottedWombat
    Options
    About those tendons, you do warm ups with light/no weights before working out right?

Yep, I'm very careful. I stretch and do warm ups and all that good stuff. Unfortunately my injuries tend to occur from doing things like turning around, sitting, and sleeping, which I can't do much about. People who don't know how much I work out or how muscular I am are always are telling me that if I just exercise and build muscles around the joints, that I will get injured less. I have to just laugh, because apparently with me, it simply isn't true. Luckily, I'm a positive person. :D
  • JimTs
    Options
    I know that feeling.
    Well if you do warm ups the next thing that comes to mind are healthy fats. Do you eat any of them? (well you know Olive oil, nuts etc)
  • LeopardSpottedWombat
    Options
    Yeah I eat them. It's so nice of you to give me suggestions though. :flowerforyou:
  • JimTs
    Options
    Another thing you can do is to set a day of the week (example Sunday) as a ''stretch day''.
    Just stretch everything for some minutes, I promise it will help you.
  • LeopardSpottedWombat
    Options
    That's a good idea. Thanks.