Looking for a new approach!

Options
Just looking to hear what has worked for different people through their weightloss journey? All ideas and experience welcomed!

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I've gotten all of my results from doing at-home fitness programs such as P90X1/2/3, Insanity, and Body Beast. Down 64 lbs (30% body fat to 7.5%) with adding over 10 lbs of muscle.

Allan
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Measuring. I didn't realize what a pain all the estimating I used to do was until I got a digital scale. It added ease & accuracy in one swoop. I've tried different approaches through the years, but it always boils down to calorie counting (and counting everything, including beverages) for me. Good luck to you!
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I am .2 lbs away from finally losing 50lbs (I'm 5'4). It took me about 3 years... but that was a windy road. 40 of those were in the last 16 months. As first I just started with exercise (crossfit the first 10 months, then added running, and a month ago added ballet too), then started to eat "paleo-ish" (i.e. mostly fruits, veggies, and meats and not a lot of grain, dairy or sugar). During that time I didn't count any calories and I probably ate a ton but I definitely lost weight because I cut out a lot of the processed stuff from my diet (fast food, and junk food). I started with MFP about 4 months ago and that is when I started paying attention to calorie counting to lost the last 13 lbs. LOVE MFP!!!!! Eat smart and get your calories from healthier choices which usually means you get to eat more quantity of them. I love to eat to this is key for me!

PS: AND get a food scale. it is the best investment I ever made. Got one at bed, bath and beyond!
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I lost the most weight at the beginning. I was on Isagenix for a couple of months and ate 1200 calories a day plus exercise 3x a week.

Now I eat 1350ish plus exercise calories if I am hungry. I exercise every single day. But the weight loss is slow at this point.
  • TiffieLand
    TiffieLand Posts: 159
    Options
    I have been trying to lose weight for 6 years. I have never been overweight but just chubby.. never skinny. I only had to lose 10 pounds but I did it the wrong way and it keeps going up to 20 pounds to 30 pounds. I have tried many fad diet and lost some pounds but never got to where I wanted. This time, I have been doing really well. I eat well and in moderation pretty much anything.. not restrict myself to certain type of foods. I eat 70% healthy to be honest and workout around 1 hour everyday no matter how lazy I felt, I just made myself do it. I have noticed result just after a month of doing that. I have fell off the wagon couple of times in the month but I still got the result that I always wanted for myself. I haven't reached my goal yet but I'm getting there fast.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Identifying my weak areas & focusing on them. For me that means setting a goal for total activity level (# of steps) and making sure to hit it. No matter what. Hubby thinks I'm a little crazy, some nights I'm jogging in place before going to bed.

As for food, my key has been having reasonable goals & consistently logging every day - and using the MFP app on my phone. Its always with me, so I have no excuse NOT to log everything.
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing! you guys are all awesome and keep it up
  • Suznd75
    Suznd75 Posts: 37
    Options
    I am currently down 75 pounds,. I lost the first 20 with weight watchers, but have been following Beachbody Programs since then. Feel free to check out my profile and add me.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 17 lbs. so far and have about 30 more to go. I am doing things differently this time. I am eating reasonably (about 1780 calories a day) and doing LOTS of exercise - 5 -6 days of cardio like spinning and Arc Trainer and 4 days of heavy lifting using free weights (barbell squats, deadlifts, etc.). Even though I've only lost 17 lbs. my body looks SO MUCH BETTER because of the weight lifting.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    calorie counting, exercise, and making better food choices :) Its really that easy for me :)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting, exercise, consistency, passage of time.
  • OkamiLavande
    OkamiLavande Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    What really turned around my weight loss was realizing that unless I'm honest I won't get anywhere. Log all the bad days, log all the good days. Being honest about what I'm putting in my body has helped me realize how many calories I need to eat to lose weight. I exercise when I can, but when I'm in a healthy state (not sick/recovering from surgery) I exercise at least 5 times a week for 45 minutes, working in strength training whenever I want to and not having set days for it. Drinking plenty of water helps because it helps with sodium retention. Knowing how much sodium I intake actually has helped a lot. I didn't realize just how much I was ingesting most days.

And one more thing - you're not changing yourself, you're always going to be you, just a happier, healthier you. Remember that and the journey is easy.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    In your workout journey I literally suggest you some good sites that are really helpful for you. For loosing weight you can eat healthy food, do exercise, drink more and more water, drink green tea that is very beneficial for health and weight loss, join cardio or gym for weight loss.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have only lost 17 lbs. so far and have about 30 more to go. I am doing things differently this time. I am eating reasonably (about 1780 calories a day) and doing LOTS of exercise - 5 -6 days of cardio like spinning and Arc Trainer and 4 days of heavy lifting using free weights (barbell squats, deadlifts, etc.). Even though I've only lost 17 lbs. my body looks SO MUCH BETTER because of the weight lifting.

17 lbs. is great! Not "only" 17 lbs. It's a great accomplishment!