Food Diary

Options
Although I have only posted 4 days worth -- I am pretty much needing any more suggestions I can take (Please review diary -- Good/Bad). I am already STUCK. :)

Replies

• HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You need to update your settings to make your diary public.
    My Home -> Settings -> Diary Settings -> Diary Sharing (Set to public)
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    Set to public. Thanks.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    maybe too few calories? Are you working out? If so I think you def need more cals :)
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    Sarah, yes I am working out -- tending to burn approx. 450 each work out....
  • BettyBeth14
    BettyBeth14 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Was thinking the same as Sarah,

With the workouts, you're eating too few....therefore need to eat more calories (good ones) to stop metabolism slowing down adn a weightloss plateu (sooo not how you spell it)

xx
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    So would you portion the additional calories into snacks or add on to meals?
  • svackar
    svackar Posts: 33
    Options
    I agree with others, you should increase your calorie intake each day. You might want to add some additional protein to your diet. I would add your addtional calories throughout the day (meals & snacks). Ideas for protein would be: eggs, egg beaters, greek yogurt (chobani), low-fat cheese, fish, shakes (mixes). Make sure you're getting your water in! Shoot for 1/2 your body weight in oz per day, plus extra because of workouts. Good Luck!
  • lindsay03811
    Options
    I agree with others, you should increase your calorie intake each day. You might want to add some additional protein to your diet. I would add your addtional calories throughout the day (meals & snacks). Ideas for protein would be: eggs, egg beaters, greek yogurt (chobani), low-fat cheese, fish, shakes (mixes). Make sure you're getting your water in! Shoot for 1/2 your body weight in oz per day, plus extra because of workouts. Good Luck!

Water is an issue.. actually -- thirst is. I feel no desire to drink liquids.. so I FORCE myself to drink as much as I can... I will boil some eggs, as that would be convenient. And low fat string cheese will be ok? As far as shakes -- what would you use to make this? Or can I substitute a fruit smoothie?
  • tao223
    tao223 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would suggest eating foods that have a high water content and are not so calorie dense that way you wont be starvng yourself and you will be able to eat more foods and still be under your calorie needs. For example instead of eating a piece of bread with 2tbsp of peanut butter you could eat an apple or some baby carrots with fat free ranch that would be more filling than what you were originally eating. You also want to stay away from super salty and fried foods such as cup of ramen the salt could make you retain water weight and it wouldnt be as filling as a healther alternatives. You could try some green giant veggies that have cheese sauce or some other favorite that you have. For example i bought cauliflower with cheese and the while package has 150 calories. If i find myself super hungry i just pop the whole thing in the microwave and eat it all.

I also recommend eating salty things rather than sugary tasting things. Now i know it sounds backwards to what i just said about staying away from salty foods but what i mean by that is stay away from the sweet things. Try eating a 110 calorie pack of pringles instead of that 90 calorie chewy bar and you may find that you arent as hungry. Check out my food diary so you can get ideas for daily meals and snacks.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you need more food. One night it shows you had bread and a banana for dinner! While I admire your willpower (I need more food than that!), it could be sabotaging your efforts. Also, more protein (as said above). Even if you don't work out one day, you shouldn't go below 1200 calories. Working out is a whole different can of worms (some eat their workout calories, some don't) but you haven't even eaten your allotment of 1200 BEFORE exercise.