New girl just trying to get into the groove of things

Options
Rlavigne93
Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
I've lurked around on forums a few times before, finally got the nerve to make an account!

I'm a 21 year old night owl from WV, and I guess you can say fitness has been my new hobby for the past few months. I've been trying to do things on my own, but I've been falling back into bad eating habits and skipping a few too many workouts lately.

I don't really have many friends, and the ones I do are either naturally svelt or the "big and proud" types, and I'm trying hard not to annoy them with healthy living preachiness. I'd like to find some people who understand and maybe to compare notes with.

On a non-fitness related note: I'm a big fan of Harry Potter, superheroes, Dragon Age and other Xbox rpgs, a whole slew of tv shows, and spending too much time on tumblr.

Replies

• awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    sent you a request
  • becklouise143
    Options
    I've used the app before, but only just stumbled across the website to hopefully help me motivate myself more for actually losing weight now! Just go to try and find my way around it:3
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've made the changes and dropped the weight before. Got hurt, gained it back, and now im working on getting back to where I was while trying to deal with injuries among some other issues. Having a great support system makes a difference.

Edited to add: WV shoutout! Raised in Ohio, but born in WV. Got a lot of family down south.
  • rideontechnology
    rideontechnology Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! The people here are pretty great, in my experience. Fantastic support system! And there's always at least one person willing to give advice or motivation just when you need it. I'll fr you, if you don't mind :)

Spending too much time on tumblr might as well be my job description. Love/hate relationship with that... site? Place? ..creature.
  • awesomejdad
    awesomejdad Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    bump for her
  • x3Amy
    x3Amy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, I sent you a FR! I can totally appreciate spending too much time on tumblr! i like loads of brain melting tv shows too (most of my down time is spent on netflix! )
  • Ryan6691
    Ryan6691 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Fitness and eating right have completely become my new hobby also. Not everyone loves hearing about it though lol.

On a side note I actually just started re reading the Harry Potter series!

Good luck and stay positive!