Does Sex count as exercise?

Options

Replies

• MyPureSteez
    MyPureSteez Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Only if you do it on a treadmill but it's kinda tricky. I'd suggest you start out doing it on the elliptical.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Yes but I'm not going to be logging it.
  • 1sgs
    1sgs Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I guess you could always wear a heart rate monitor on your chest and figure out your caloric loss that way... but that's not really sexy...

Priceless
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    It's in my TDEE. ;)

But seriously, the difference between what you burn having sex and what you would burn doing normal daily activities is negligible. Much like housework and cleaning. But hey, it's your calorie burn and goal, log whatever works. Just don't get mad when you're eating back your sex and cleaning calories and aren't seeing any progress.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    One of the few benefits of being old is I can log it as 60 minutes of sex instead of 2 minutes of sex and 58 minutes of sleep :-D
  • Grumpsandwich
    Grumpsandwich Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    One of the few benefits of being old is I can log it as 60 minutes of sex instead of 2 minutes of sex and 58 minutes of sleep :-D

roflmao
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello my name is Dances with Wow

Im only commenting because I like sex.. and I can agree with the physiology instructor 100% that its the BOMB whne you are in shape...

Theoretically...and mathematically absolutely not..
    But as the one great Shakespearean in our midst said..

It depends on how much you pay for it..
    Classic...

I laughed my bum off..

My name is Dances w/ WOW

Please do not add sex as number for calculating calories burned as you will add little to enhance your life force..want to your body take shape faster than any system wrong heads of fitness can ever imagine

.. Teach your body how to release lipolytic Enzymes.. and watch bodyfat stand down in just 72 hours..

Deweaponize unwanted body fat..like butter..
    Dont believe this powerful hormone can do the trick..

calculate your protein number and put it to use for three days..

Sex could only dream of being as good as this works.. but when you get in shape.. your Life force will become a raging fire..and it will feel like more calories were burned.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Depends on the position. (:
    Exactly. Some people should count it the same as taking a nap.

So you're saying the Corpse Position isn't exercise? :laugh:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    How do you log it? As housework, duh :laugh: It is one of my wifely duties :blushing: (mah favorite one) so it's already in my TDEE.

ETA: So, my question is can I log the calories burned from laughing my butt off reading this thread? Or any weird MFP thread, for that matter?
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options

Lmao! ..:laugh: :laugh:
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I need to add that into my daily routine
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    How do you log it? As housework, duh :laugh: It is one of my wifely duties :blushing: (mah favorite one) so it's already in my TDEE.

ETA: So, my question is can I log the calories burned from laughing my butt off reading this thread? Or any weird MFP thread, for that matter?

Aerobics or low impact aerobics are the most common ones I see....another woman I had on my list would list it as horseback riding. Took me a while to figure out why she was horseback riding so often... :laugh:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Aerobics or low impact aerobics are the most common ones I see....another woman I had on my list would list it as horseback riding. Took me a while to figure out why she was horseback riding so often... :laugh:

Oh, my! I just looked at my husband and burst out laughing :laugh: Horsey ride, honey?
  • cms721
    cms721 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics light/moderate effort ending with vigorous effort.
  • kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    oh for the love of god. don't kid yourselves.

if you're on top doing all the work and you're going for at least fifteen minutes, log it. otherwise don't.
  • johnnyhatesjazz
    johnnyhatesjazz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Depends on weather your doing the work or laying there letting the other person do the work lol :wink:
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My husband always jokes with me when I enter "Walk the dog" as exercise because #1 -we don't have a dog, and #2 - he thought it was "code" for something else.... The only reason I use this one is because it is the only one in the database with a 3.0 pace. But it does sound like code for something else - hahaha.

I do not enter sex as exercise, that is factored into my TDEE.
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that the average person only burns 25 calories from a sex session. They must have studying people who were not very interesting in the sack. I don't count my sexercise calories but I see it as a bonus instead (in more ways than one...nudge nudge wink wink)

Edited because autocorrect corrected a word I deliberately spelled wrong. :-)
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oooh..Lol I wouldn't though
  • doctorsookie
    doctorsookie Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    oh for the love of god. don't kid yourselves.

if you're on top doing all the work and you're going for at least fifteen minutes, log it. otherwise don't.

I think I love you...ROFLMFAO