30DS to/vs. Insanity?

Options
Hi. I have three months to lose 10-20 pounds. I weigh 166 right now at 5'5. My current exercise routine is either an hour long Zumba class at the gym 1-2 times a week, or a 1-hour kettleball class in place of Zumba for one day, and I do the 30DS program switching between levels 2 and 3 for 4 days out of the week. I'm honing in my diet. I'm gonna try going low carb. Right now I've been about 80% paleo. I want to be disciplined with what I eat though.

So do you think if I keep up my current regimen that I could lose 15 pounds in 3 months?
Or should I try insanity?

I need to lose 2.5 more inches on my rib cage. I also want to tone my arms. I'm going to be in a wedding this fall. I really need some help.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Let's assume that there are 13 weeks in 3 months, that's around 13 pounds you could lose if you stick to a caloric deficit.

You don't need to be low carb to be disciplined, you can maintain a balanced and healthy diet and still lose weight if you're in a caloric deficit.

"So do you think if I keep up my current regimen that I could lose 15 pounds in 3 months?
    Or should I try insanity?". The exercise does not cause weight loss, the caloric deficit does. So trying insanity or zumba will have no benefits on weight loss; just strength, stamina and endurance etc.

Losing 2.5 inches on your rib cage will come down to weight loss, there is no way to tell where the fat comes off when you lose weight.. so you just have to keep losing until you lose it where you want.
  • katey1240
    katey1240 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I agree on all counts with MonsterBoogie. The worst possible thing you can do is to put time constraints on your weight loss. Okay, what if you only lose 9 in three months? Are you going to be disappointed? IMHO, carbs are necessary for energy, at least for me. High protein diets are hard on my kidneys (which is why they have you drink oodles of water). God didn't intend for me to do without carbohydrates. He created a perfect design when he designed the body I call home, and our bodies know what it wants and needs. And, you will feel better including carbs, will not end up constipated, and when you begin to transition carbs back into your diet program, you won't have to worry about packing on the pounds due to previous deprivation of carbs.

I think three months is totally doable to lose 15 pounds (that's only 1-1/4 lbs a week), even without the stringent exercise program. Focus on a workout program that you actually look forward to doing everyday. If its something your dreading as soon as your feet hit the floor in the morning, you will abandoned it. Guaranteed. Good luck!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    And, you will feel better including carbs, will not end up constipated, and when you begin to transition carbs back into your diet program, you won't have to worry about packing on the pounds due to previous deprivation of carbs.

I totally agree with this. When you go low carb, you'll experience Keto Flu which is hell unleashed... you might even find it hard to exercise.

A very important thing to remember with low carbing is that when you come off it, your body will get a spike in carbohydrates and it will start to pile on water weight and fat... so you'll put some of the weight back on. Is really worth low carbing?

As I've said, you could just have a normal, balanced healthy diet and still lose weight without the Keto Flu and other side effects; calories in calories out.
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I think that you can achieve your goal by eating protein, vegetables (mostly green) and Fat. Good luck
  • asdfghjklbex
    Options
    Thank you!!