I want pizza...BAD

Options

Replies

• greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Ok, So im attempting to fill a craving. Are there any calorie friendly pizzas or ways to make a good pizza that isn't hard for a novice cook?

Little Caesar's Hot & Ready Pepperoni is my "splurge" but it is REALLY not bad! 280 calories in a slice- 8 slices per $5 pizza so it's also pretty cost effective too at 63 cents a slice

This is what we do! Tuesday night is $5 pizza night at our house. I just make sure I save enough calories for 2 slices, and get my veggies in earlier in the day. One pizza fills my family of 3 up for dinner, with a bit leftover for someone to have the next day (usually the husband).

:drinker:
  • 1911JR
    1911JR Posts: 276
    Options
    Ok, So im attempting to fill a craving. Are there any calorie friendly pizzas or ways to make a good pizza that isn't hard for a novice cook?

Eat a smaller amount of good "real" pizza, and be done with it. Try and make it fit, but if it doesn`t, it won`t kill you. Enjoy your life and make yourself happy. Just no when to quit.

But you can always eat whatever and as much as want, and then go vomit it up. I`m not advising this, but I hear it works. :laugh:
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Easiest pizza you can make at home:
    Stonefire Whole Grain Tandoori Naan Bread
    1 can of diced hunts tomatoes - drained (the basil and oregano one is good)
    either moz cheese balls or shredded and you can add other stuff you like veggies - I usually add sun dried tomato
    bake - yum!

Or order pizza from the local shop, and eat 1-2 slices. Whatever works.
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Pizza Sub, normally found in frozen sections, decent calories and good flavour
  • parkparksarah
    Options
    CRAVINGS!!! it kills me :(
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    make english muffin pizzas

soo good and cheap..plus you can have a bunch of them
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Have ONE slice of pizza? Or maybe use skim mozzarella, pizza sauce, and a whole wheat english muffin.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love myself so whole wheat pita pizza.
    I put a tiny bit of pizza sauce (not a sauce lover)
    I put on some chicken breast.. some low fat cheese.. and a dash of Italian seasoning over the top..
    Bake it till the cheese is melted.
    AMAZING.
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    just buy a slice of pizza
  • SCales_92
    SCales_92 Posts: 3
    Options
    Try the Lean Cuisine Microwave Pizza! Low cal and sooo delish!!
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Make pizza at home instead of ordering it or frozen stuff.

I get these flatbread crusts that are really good and usually put some chicken on them so they're not too awfully bad.
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    butterfly a chicken breast and top with tomato puree basil and some cheese.
  • eeffoca
    eeffoca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ...but without cheese, what's the point? :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    You want to get yourself some Naan Bread, make a tomato base with ketchup and tomato puree, add your cheese and toppings and cook!

Not hard, not expensive and not terrifically calorific although best shared with someone as it is very filling!

Kaela x

I second that. Naan is great as a pizza crust!

Yum! I never thought to use naan as pizza crust. I'm definitely going to try that next time.

Right now though, I'm just waiting for my husband to get home with Little Caesars. This thread is making me hungry.
  • Dougie1874
    Dougie1874 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=261384030

only 580 calories in the entire pizza and its delicious
  • Tonekupone
    Tonekupone Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I visit family in Italy during the summers and pizza is truly my guilty pleasure also. I was happy to find that 3 slices of pizza from Brixx pizza was just under 400 calories. They also have gluten free pizza dough and a great selection of pies that aren't chock-full of fatty meats (which is by far my favorite pizza!!)
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options

You just can't fake pizza. It is my most favorite of foods. I wouldn't get a whole pizza but go and get a couple of slices cause once they are gone, you can't binge on more slices. But I, too, have made the Flatout Fake Pizza. Does nothing to ease my craving and I doubt it would ease your longing as well. Just go for it! And put it behind you.
  • lege24
    lege24 Posts: 1
    Options
    you could make a cauliflower pizza crust which is fairly simple! theres loads of recipes out there
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I want pizza I go have pizza. We just get a 12", half it with my hubby, instead of the large size and that is plenty. I cut my calories to fit it in.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    A slice or two of pizza isn't a ton of calories...just have some pizza if you want some pizza...just don't eat the whole pie; that's where people go wrong.