How to take good BEFORE & AFTER photos?

Options
My whole goal for this year is to lose 15KG. 6 months later I am only starting my journey properly. On the 1st of January I took photos of myself to see my results later on. I did start the 30Day Shred and mid way I took some photos to compare. I did appear smaller and felt pretty happy with what I had done. Then on my laptop I dug up a photo that was taken on the 1st of Jan. and it pretty much makes my stomach look different from what it did in a previous photo (it looks pretty similar to my progress now photo). I came to a conclusion it's the angles. How do I keep a good consistency with my before and after photos? How do you do it? Here are my photos so far:
juzj84.jpg
10ns2l1.jpg

Replies

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I can see differences with your pics. Well done!
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Make sure you slouch and look frumpy in your 'before' photo. Stand up straight, nice dress, one shoulder angled toward the camera in the after!

No, really, a 'mug shot' type photo is never flattering--but if you want an honest comparison just try to get the photos the same. And in a good full length shot, your camera should be closer to the level of your waist than your face. Flattering clothes and angles, good lighting, good expression--these things all make you look better. Good looking folks have bad pics, you know. I had some pics of a nice horse I was selling and one just looked awful--he didn't look like the same horse--but it was and only a small movement between the good pic and the bad one. I kept the pair to show folks and most people don't think it's the same horse. I don't have them on my computer or I'd load them for you--but it's the difference between all us normal folks and the movie stars! Well, good photos AND good genes!