Pedometer? Which one to purchase?

Options
I have recently joined a team at work and we are doing the 10,000 step challenge. I need to get a pedometer and not sure which one. Any one have any suggestions? Know of any that you don't like? Any information is appreciated!

Replies

• VitaminAmy
    VitaminAmy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    There are several good ones on Android and iPhone if you have one. :)
  • Sheltie4me
    Sheltie4me Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit and it shows up on my fitness pal if you have it synced to your phone
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I like Jawbone UP. I wear it all the time on my wrist. It not only counts steps but you can add in workouts to get an accurate picture of how many calories you're burning in a day, and of course it syncs with MFP. They have them for android, smart and iPhones.
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I second the fitbit. Depending on which one you buy they can be a little spendy, but totally worth the money. We are also doing a 10,000 step challenge at work and it's really fun! I find myself getting very competitive about how many steps I'm taking.
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    If you can, I'd get something that can interface with a heart rate monitor.
  • davetheperson
    davetheperson Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to put in my vote for the Fitbit. I use the Zip, which isn't too expensive. You can find decent deals on new and used Fitbit Zips on eBay. I bought one new for around $40. I also just bought a used Zip for $25 (because I lost the first one) that works perfectly fine. They also seem to be well made; I've accidentally run mine through the washer and it still worked.

Noom Walk is a good pedometer app for Android (but does not sync with MFP), I used it while I was waiting for my replacement Fitbit to come in. For running, I use MapMyFitness, which also syncs with MFP.
  • cabotmommy2003
    Options
    Thank you guys for the suggestions! I am going to be checking into all of these and see which one I think would work best for me! Thanks again!
  • Bob_McCann
    Bob_McCann Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Check out the Withings Pulse too! Ive been using one for a couple of weeks and am starting to realise that its actually very good at measuring activity, it also takes your pulse and oximetry from your finger!
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Not just a pedometer... but I love my BodyMedia core.
  • BethNel
    BethNel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love the Fitbit Flex and as an added bonus if everyone in your group uses any of the FitBit models you can set up a group and view everyone's steps online and send them messages of encouragement too. We use it that way at my gym and it helps tp motivate us.
  • chrissyrenee1029
    chrissyrenee1029 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit Flex as well. It's a great motivator throughout the day and the fact that it syncs with MFP is a total bonus!
  • Trysta
    Trysta Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I also use a Fitbit Flex - love it =)
    Runkeeper is another good app for tracking workouts as well - syncs to MFP also.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    if you have an android phone, i suggest the mapmyfitness app. if you're looking for a hand-held pedometer, i like my ozeri 4x runner - i've found it to be very accurate, and the company has great customer support. my fitbit one is also accurate as a pedometer, but more expensive and probably not that accurate in calculating burn.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    +1 for fitbit
  • Graye220
    Graye220 Posts: 2
    Options
    I love LOVE!! my fitbit. It is synced to my phone as well so I can keep track of everything too.
  • wrongway1950
    Options
    I love my fitbit flex, especially that it is linked to mfp. worth the money
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    wish i loved my fitbit, but it's okay. it goes way over on calories burned for me, though, and counts hundreds or even thousands of steps while riding in the car if i forget to log the ride time.
  • Beccas_Life
    Options
    I love my FitBit and it syncs with MFP perfectly! It's definitely worth the cost :smile:
  • Tjeltsen
    Tjeltsen Posts: 1
    Options
    my vote is for Fitbit.