Anyone else use just clothes and no scale?

Options
So, I maintain my weight and decided to stop weighing in March. I instead try on key clothing items weekly to make sure I am on track. I am heading home from vacation and am comfortably wearing the capris I bought 6 years ago as I didn't overindulge on vaca, just a little bit. Anyone else?

Replies

• Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think it a good thing. I would like to go by pants size too, but I have so much to lose that I feel the need to see the number go down to stay motivated...
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    How about buying a pair of pants one size smaller?
  • LittleTess2013
    Options
    Yeh I do, I use my mums wedding suit skirt as a guideline - at the moment it 'comfy' :) I also have bought a swimsuit that is a little too tight and hoping that'll I get in it soon
  • JaymeBalesFitness
    JaymeBalesFitness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I havent weighed myself since August 2013 :)
  • nicki_lynne
    nicki_lynne Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I base my progress on how I look and how my clothing fit but I still weigh so that I can go see the pattern over time. It's useful to show people pictures as proof that you can weight more but look better (or weigh the same and look better).
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I do, because I focus more on gaining muscle than what the scale says. In fact, I could care less.
  • balanceandnirvana
    balanceandnirvana Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ya i don't really care about my weight so much as long as i like the way I look and I'm healthy. Also I don't like clothes shopping so it would be nice if i could keep wearing the same clothes. Less money to spend
  • AdventureManatee
    AdventureManatee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use clothes as the "real" test of how well I'm progressing. I have one certain dress that I am trying to fit into. When it looks great on me, that's the body I want to keep. I don't care if I weigh 160 or 135, if that dress fits, that's when I stop. (and continue for maintenance!) :)
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I wish that worked for me. I was using this method and here I am 15 lbs heavier, because clothes stretch. Now I'm not saying these clothes are COMFORTABLE or even look amazing, but I kept telling myself, it's the dryer, it's this, it's that. When I had actually gained a lot of weight.
  • Kimblesnbits
    Kimblesnbits Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I wish that worked for me. I was using this method and here I am 15 lbs heavier, because clothes stretch. Now I'm not saying these clothes are COMFORTABLE or even look amazing, but I kept telling myself, it's the dryer, it's this, it's that. When I had actually gained a lot of weight.

Bahahaha so so true about blaming the dryer! You gotta be careful about which clothes you choose as your test clothes. Make sure they're not jeans because even if they're not "stretchy jeans" they loosen up every time you put them on. I think it's best to go with suit type pants/dresses that you know don't stretch or "give"
  • bergpa
    bergpa Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    This approach has gotten me in trouble more than once.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options

Bahahaha so so true about blaming the dryer! You gotta be careful about which clothes you choose as your test clothes. Make sure they're not jeans because even if they're not "stretchy jeans" they loosen up every time you put them on. I think it's best to go with suit type pants/dresses that you know don't stretch or "give"

Me, too about blaming the dryer. I envy all you who liberated yourselves from scale slavery. I have gone 6 months or so at a time without weighing. It never works out that great. The scale keeps me pretty motivated. More so, it turns out, than my "toothpick" red jeans.