Fitbit

Options
Considering a fit bit or something along those lines. Pros/cons your experiences. Thanks!

Replies

• lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have had great success using fitbit. Every single pound I have lost so far has been while using a fitbit device. There is a great community out there of fitbit users who will answer any questions you have. I am an admin for a Facebook group called "The Red Tennis Shoe Group" It is made up of fitbit users.

Fitbit is a great way to lose weight. If you wish please friend me and I can answer pretty much any question you have on fitbit devices.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit for about a month and I love it. It motivates me to do more. I didn't realized how little I was doing before. People are motivated by different things. What works for some, doesn't for others. It's like a game to me. I set goals for steps and calories burned. I don't regret the $100 I spent for what I consider a toy.
  • teacheratkins24
    teacheratkins24 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Have my fitbit one since Jan, . Have walked over 2000 miles since having it. That along with my fitness pal, is the reason for all my loss. Best think i have bought, never hardly take it off. Very motivating and loves how it syncs with mfp!!!:smile:
  • Sharonmdenham
    Sharonmdenham Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Considering a fit bit or something along those lines. Pros/cons your experiences. Thanks!

I have a fit it flex. I LOVE it and would not give it up for anything! It keeps me motivated to do more steps than my friends, get all my stats to the green areas where I hit my goals, and calls me an over achiever if I keep going after hitting my goals! My MFP family keeps me motivated but they aren't there staring at me telling me its time to walk(i set my alarm to go off AR break time for work and walk during my breaks). It also helps monitor my sleep and wakes me up every morning! I don't think I ever liked exercise EVER in my life but now I actually look forward to it.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip. Its not a fancy hrm but it keeps me moving. The only con so far is it counts steps while I am in my car. Not a big deal though. ?.
  • rheannaraye
    rheannaraye Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Flex and I LOVE it!!! I was in some serious denial about how active I really was. I thought I was doing great- and what a kick in the face that was! It helps me to challenge myself, and was something I definitely needed in order to SEE. My average when I began was around 1/2-1 mile per day. now I'm averaging around 3. I'm still working towards bumping it up to 5, but it's hard with a desk job - means I have to be more active in the evening when I'm usually grading papers. (I work for a cyber school). It's been a great tool, though, and is SO helpful! I love that it monitors my sleeping patterns (you manually set it when you go to sleep and have to "wake" it up in the AM). It gives me a full idea of my health -- calories in, vs. calories out, distance walked each day, total sleep time and if it was "restful" sleep, etc.

Simply put: best $100 I've EVER spent! I haven't taken it off since Christmas except to wash dishes or to shower ;)
  • sandileek
    sandileek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was in some serious denial about how active I really was. I thought I was doing great- and what a kick in the face that was! It helps me to challenge myself, and was something I definitely needed in order to SEE.

I have to agree with rheannaraye. I thought I was a pretty active person, despite being overweight, and it shocked me the first day I wore my FitbitOne and discovered I had less than 2000 steps the entire day. Trying to get to 10,000 steps is a challenge. I find myself parking further away, making extra trips running back and forth, and taking the long way just to get in a few extra steps. I'll hop on the treadmill, even though I've already done my exercise for the day, if the Fitbit hasn't reached that magic number yet. It's extremely motivating for me, and I wouldn't trade it for anything (except maybe a Fitbit Flex, so I wouldn't have to reach into my bra several times a day to check the numbers).
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit for about a month and I love it. It motivates me to do more. I didn't realized how little I was doing before. People are motivated by different things. What works for some, doesn't for others. It's like a game to me. I set goals for steps and calories burned. I don't regret the $100 I spent for what I consider a toy.

this. I have had mine for about a year and a half. I had no idea how little i was doing.

Plus, on the rare occasion that I forget it, it seems like anything I do doesn't "count." Which only goes to show how much i depend on it.
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Fitbit is the way to go! I have the Fitbit One and I absolutely love it. I've been part of the Fitbit community since March of 2012. It keeps me motivated and is a very easy tool to use. You can't go wrong by being a Fitbit owner. I don't leave home without it! :wink:
  • Carross1018
    Options
    I'm a new fitbit owner and I have to say it's extremely motivating. I love having the light show and vibrations once I hit my goal.
    I'm also competitive so it's fun to try and get more steps then people on your friends list.

I really don't have any problems with it other then I wished I could sync it with my iphone 4... But that's not the fitbits problem :P
  • maria_stafeler
    Options
    I didnt know about it.Sounds nice:smile:
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex. I've had it since last September. I simply love it. I wear it all the time and it motivates me to MOVE.....almost and obsession at times. It's great how it syncs to MFP and to my health benefits website. It is so worth the 100 bucks, which is alot of money to me. It also holds a great charge, I charge it about once every 5 or so days. It also syncs to my droid phone via bluetooth when I'm not near my home computer. Get one, you won't regret it!
  • judy11351
    judy11351 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too have a fit bit one and love it, it really does help you to get up and be more active. I don't think you will regret buying one.
  • teacheratkins24
    Options
    Wow guys! I knew it would most likely be a great investment but your stories are just the motivation I needed to make the final decision. ;) Thanks a million!!!
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and before that I had the One. I absolutely love my fitbit. I knew I wasn't very active but, like others, thought I was a bit more than I thought. The fitbit showed me exactly how little I actually did and now I've become a bit obsessive about checking it for the number of steps during the day and I will do just about anything to get those extra steps in and hit my goal for the day. I've even walked around my house for 10 minutes at the end of the night when I see that I am short a couple hundred from my goal! lol

It definitely helps to motivate me.

We had a walking challenge here at work last month and I won! I totally believe that it was largely due to having my fitbit and knowing exactly how many steps I was doing each day. Best money I've ever spent. You will not regret it :)
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE my zip it is so motivating. I've had mine for over a year and as others have said I didn't realize how little I was moving but now I don't feel complete without hitting 10k and if I forget to put it one my day just isn't the same.
  • nnix64
    nnix64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since they debuted and cna't live without it! On the rare day I forget it I am lost AND I notice I don't get up from my desk as much if I am not wearing it! Def motivation!
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Options

this. I have had mine for about a year and a half. I had no idea how little i was doing.

Plus, on the rare occasion that I forget it, it seems like anything I do doesn't "count." Which only goes to show how much i depend on it.

^^Same for me. I've had the Fitbit One for a year and a half and I love it and depend on it.
  • teacheratkins24
    Options
    Well friends my Fit Bit was delivered today!!!! YAY!!!!! Very excited to use this to help me along this path. :)