What comes off faster, inches or pounds?

Options
I've been on my diet for a little over a week now. I've only lost 1 pound but 3 inches off my waist. All this time I was focusing on weight which bummed me out because it takes a while to lose just a pound...Should I focus on inches? If they come down faster that's the way I want to go.... :smile:

Replies

• lindsey1152
    lindsey1152 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on my diet for a little over a week now. I've only lost 1 pound but 3 inches off my waist. All this time I was focusing on weight which bummed me out because it takes a while to lose just a pound...Should I focus on inches? If they come down faster that's the way I want to go.... :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    On me it was inches. I only weight once a month. I was getting discouraged because I was gaining, but my clothes were getting looser. I do 4 days of weights so I was gaining muscle.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I would say inches to start with, because muscle weighs more then fat, and you are gaining muscle as you lose fat, but the inches are slipping abay because that sculpted muscle is thiner then the fat.
    --Diann...:flowerforyou:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    If you're working out, you will loose inches before weight. Don't focus so much on the weight, instead go by how your clothes fit as inches is much more important. You may be gaining lean body mass if you're working out, so the scale may show an increase in weight, if you're focused on weight, it may be a bit discouraging.

Good luck.