Shredding for the Wedding

Options

Replies

• ems359
    ems359 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm getting married September 2015 and I want to look and feel by best. I have a little over a year and my goal is to lose about 40 pounds -- that would still put me in the normal weight category. My fiance is one of those men who can work out for two weeks and have visible muscle definition and I'll work out for a month and nothing so even though he's a the best support system, he doesn't get what I'm going through. Add me as a friend if you need motivation or are willing to help me!
  • ems359
    ems359 Posts: 5
    Options
    G
  • amandapanda731
    Options
    I'm newly engaged, no wedding date yet but I really need to lose weight before I can even think of wedding planning. You would think getting married would be great motivation but I have zero motivation :(
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    I think I might get proposed to in July so I'm starting early haha.
    Is it just me, or are wedding dresses, while beautiful, rather bulky?
  • Amy4President
    Amy4President Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm not getting married, but I'm a "groomslady" in a friend's wedding over Labor Day weekend. I'm wearing a bridesmaids dress. When I ordered it, they wanted to order me a size 20 (I wear a 10 normally). They tried to tell me it was "because of my waist." No, it's actually because of my broad back and big boobs. I ended up order a 16, and it's loose in the waist and is fine in the chest (take that pushy bridal store). I'm working on toning my arms and legs for it :)
  • ohalie11
    ohalie11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a January 2015 bride and I am really struggling to lose weight. My fiance loves cookies, cakes, and donuts and I can't stop myself from joining him. I've ordered my dress but I have not yet had my first fitting so I have some time. I'd like to lose some back fat and tone my arms. I just need to stay motivated. Working full time, school part time, moving, and planning a wedding is really adding to the stress-related eating. Help! Asking for help is silly. I know exactly what I need to do. Make the time for more exercise and quit eating donuts! Good luck to you all :-)
  • lizziec84
    lizziec84 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I actually just got married - June 7th , 2014! I just wanted to say keep up the good work and stay motivated, but if you happen not to reach your goal by your wedding day, don't beat yourself up. I had a weight loss goal that I wanted to reach by mine, and wasn't able to, but in the end it was ok, because my wedding was amazing, and I married my best friend, and love of my life and that is what mattered most. Just don't stress yourselves too much on the weight loss before the wedding, keep it in check. Wedding planning is stressful enough. But congrats in the goals and I hope you all reach them! Hugs!
  • Bullmeat
    Bullmeat Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats and Good luck. My ex used to put on her wedding dress for anniversary fun. What I didn't know until years later is that she kept trying it on and exercised/dieted when she couldn't button all 80 buttons! Just a motivational thought so you can enjoy all your hard work for years and not just one day.
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I'm getting married August 30, 2014 as well :)

Date twins!!
  • tautailgate
    tautailgate Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a maid of honor in my sorority sister's wedding. It's coming up in October....though my original reason for stating on MFP was just a personal desire to lose weight and be healthier, it also helps to remember all those wedding pictures that will be taken a few months from now!!! I'm hoping that I will be down another 8-10 pounds or so by the time the wedding rolls around
  • CJPi
    CJPi Posts: 4
    Options
    Not just for the wedding... hopefully for all the years beyond that. But I'm getting married next March and I figure if I aim for that specific day and actually keep my habits until then, that's 9 months of new healthy habits! So naturally I would just continue to lose weight afterward, right? ;)

Before my wedding though, I'm a bridesmaid in a September wedding and a guest at a November wedding. So hopefully with each event I look even better than I did before.

Anyone is free to add me if they want. Only just joined this week so not even had my first weigh-in yet, but I've been good about logging in every day so far!
  • Partylikelizkeeler
    Partylikelizkeeler Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married August 2015!!
    One of the many reasons I joined this site.

Congrats with the wedding AND losing weight.
    You got this, girl!
    (:
  • jenniferrr127
    jenniferrr127 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yep!! My wedding is in September, too !! Congratulations!
  • Rose2014nyc
    Options
    Hey all!! I'm getting married in NYC this fall - in October... I'm trying to loose 10 pounds by early september and then maintain... I am literally STUCK at 155... I eat so healthy and workout -but the scale isnt going down... I'm looking to work a little harder the next 3-4 weeks to see change...

Anyone in the same boat as me ? I'm between a size 6/8 and if I can get down 10 pounds I'll be a 4...

Really want to look good for this wedding -- Add me or message me... I need a BUDDY to get myself in check and get going for the biggest day of my life!! thanks all !
  • swimrspikersocr
    swimrspikersocr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wedding date is 11/29/14. I've been using MFP on and off for awhile, but I want to become more disciplined about it and I'd love some new MFP friends to help keep me motivated on track!

Friend me :)

swimrspikersocr
  • swimrspikersocr
    swimrspikersocr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in a very similar boat. My wedding's in November and I've been stuck between 165-170 lbs (size 8-12) for months now and I'm ready to buckle down and try to lose a few lbs.
    Want to help motivate each other? I'll be more likely to stick to it if I know that someone is keeping me on track :O)
  • Bobo512
    Bobo512 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I am getting married June 2015. We are planning a destination wedding in Puerto Rico. I am very excited, but I have a LOT of weight to lose. It is essentially "lose as much weight as possible" by the time I order my dress, type of situation.

I post often and am definitely would love some new MFP friends. Please add me!
  • sunigetsfit
    sunigetsfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married october 2014. It's coming right up! It'd be great to be a lot less pudgy by then and feel better and have more energy.

Good luck all!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone…I posted on here before but I got a new account. I am getting married September 27th and am really trying to lose some fluff and feel amazing…feel free to add me!
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have been on MFP forever!! I have tried every diet out there and even joined a gym. My problem is willpower! Today is exactly one year from my wedding and I would like to lose 15-20 pounds by the time I need to wear my wedding gown. I DO NOT want to look at pictures and hate myself ! I have never posted before - liked to keep my failures to myself. This time I hope to be a success! Good luck to all the brides. I will be gaining motivation from all of you! Thanks!