The Fattest Guy You Know.

Options
Hi there people of myfitnesspal, I'm new here. I created this profile ages ago but never used it, anywho, I'm at the beginning of a journey to break 20 years of bad habits for a better life. Although I have loved ones I can talk to, I believe this community is better for the support I'm looking for. Now that me intro is done I'll tell you about myself.

My name is Natural B. Carr (YES! That is my real, legal name!) and I am obese. I am 5 feet 11 inchrs tall and weight in at nearly 300lbs. I'm only 20 so I carry myself quite well, I can run faster than some of my slim friends and for a short time was even a lifeguard. I've always been back and forth in my head about my weight, i'd tell myself things like "but the ladies like teddy bears!" and "You're fat but you're not unhealthy." I realized that the thoughts I've had like these are for (the most part) lies I fabricate to keep my pseudo "love" of my current body intact.

Today I took some family out to a museum, nothing super energy exhausting, but I found myself out of breathe after climbing some a relatively short flite of stairs. This was when the lightbulb went off in my head. Right now I can do what I want, but later in life I'm going to pay for my unhealthy life style with a lower quality of life unless I change some things.

Now don't get me wrong, I have no intention (at the moment) of being super fot, I like being a big guy, but right now im too big. My goal is 200 lbs so I've got about 100lbs to go (the reason im approximating is because current bathroom scale can be off 10lbs in either direction, I've already ordered a new one that's supposed to be super accurate).

Today ive declared an end to sugary drinks, after recalling my doet for the last few weeks I see that most of it is drinks. I consumed alittle under 2qts of iced tea yesterday and had 2 carb heavy meals. My first change is to do away with the constant sugar and caffeine and to start drinking water. I'm also changing my meals and snacks to healthier alternatives (fruits and veggies). I've also started to walk my dog more often and farther during the walks, just to break my lethargic habits.

What im looking for is a support group here, and believe me, I'm willing to support others as well.

Well, I've managed to ramble on for a bit, but before I go, I'll explain the thread title to you. My nickname for myself is "The Fattest Guy You Know". This started when I was talking to a friend of mine and thought to myself "I'm probably the fattest guy you know." Ever since then I've always called myself that since then jokingly. Although since it may now be true, it's time for me to get back to a weight where I can laugh about it again.

Thank you All for your time,

Natural B. Carr

Replies

• trishtrish1
    trishtrish1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I feel like I am the fattest person in all of my circles.

I"m 44 - I was in good shape in my 20s, but stress eating, more stress, more eating, blah blah.

So please add me if you want - I need to lose over. I'm 5'2 and about 270+ so I'm with ya!

Trish
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    Your dog will become the best exercise buddy. I found once I started to walk/run with my dog it force me to drink more water and increase the amount of cardio weekly. Congrats on giving up the sugary drinks, I find adding circus fruit to tea might help with the adjustment.
  • crystalbluewolf13
    crystalbluewolf13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi ^_^ welcome back
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Hello Natural, you likely read this when you joined a while ago but its worth a reread...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

It helped me get started in the right direction.

Add me if you like. I am on here every day

Cindy
  • htg20
    htg20 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Best of luck to you.
  • Komodo26
    Komodo26 Posts: 55
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This was an eloquent post, and very honest. Honesty and self reflection will serve you well as you pursue your goals. It takes courage to embark on this journey. There are a lot of terrific commenters here to support you along the way. All good thoughts to you!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options

My name is Natural B. Carr (YES! That is my real, legal name!) and I am obese. I am 5 feet 11 inchrs tall and weight in at nearly 300lbs. I'm only 20 so I carry myself quite well, I can run faster than some of my slim friends and for a short time was even a lifeguard. I've always been back and forth in my head about my weight, i'd tell myself things like "but the ladies like teddy bears!" and "You're fat but you're not unhealthy." I realized that the thoughts I've had like these are for (the most part) lies I fabricate to keep my pseudo "love" of my current body intact.

Sigh. The lies we tell ourselves, eh? I've been coming to terms with a lot of lies that I've told myself through they years, and I just keep on realizing new ones all the time. "My body just wants to stay at this weight naturally," "I didn't really get my boobs until my 20's," "I'm just a different build than my mom/sister (nope)" etc, etc, etc.