REMOVING POLAR WEAR LINK SENSOR BATTERY COVER!

Options
Does anyone know which coin is used to remove the battery cover on the Polar Wear link sensor? I have tried using U.S. coins (Quarter or nickel) but neither seem to fit properly. I am afraid of damaging the battery cover. If you watch the video for changing the battery on the Polar website you will notice it is not a U.S. coin used! I am having a tough time opening the battery cover. I may have to mail it to Polar for servicing.

Replies

• kazzsj0urney
    Options
    I always take mine to a battery store after I damaged my first HRM by doing it myself. I am from aussie and a aussie coin (a 10 cent piece from memory) worked for me.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    i dunno but if it's anything like the polar watch and is like a flat head connection anything will do it shouldn't be super tight.
    i have a Polar Ft70 atm which the band has a removable sensor and the back is just a tab that you can lift up with a small screwdriver or a dull knife, the tricky bit is getting the battery out without bending the bit that holds it in, same with the watch.
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I had such a hard time getting into mine I bought a new chest strap.

I will have to remember to keep a lookout for a battery store instead.
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    The clip at the end of the strap is what I use to open the battery cover. Perhaps you have a different model, but that is what the instructions tell me. No coin was required.
  • SJackson50
    SJackson50 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I had such a hard time getting into mine I bought a new chest strap.

I will have to remember to keep a lookout for a battery store instead.

^^ This...bought the H1...says it has a "user serviceable" battery and matches my FT40
  • cupidval
    cupidval Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The clip at the end of the strap is what I use to open the battery cover. Perhaps you have a different model, but that is what the instructions tell me. No coin was required.

I tried the end of the strap clip but it did not work. Thanks for the tip!
  • karint74
    karint74 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Last month I put my chest strap in the washing machine...forgetting to remove the Wearlink first. Oops. Thought I had destroyed the Wearlink forever. I used a nickel to open the battery cover, and it came right off. I was surprised that replacing the battery was so easy after all of the horror stories I had read. Perhaps spinning around in a 30-minute cold wash cycle softened it up.:wink:

Too bad that i went on to lose the Wearlink on my last trip. Fortunately, I was able to find another one a la carte on eBay. Still waiting for it to arrive.