How often to take pictures?

Options
I am just wondering. I took a before picture on the 1st of June, and was thinking about taking another the 1st of July. Is once a month too few? I see a lot of people have pictures at certain week milestones. I just don't want to take pictures too often and get discouraged not seeing anything, but I also don't want to not take them often enough and get unmotivated.

(Also going to eventually post that before picture on my profile sometime soon...as soon as I get the courage to keep it anywhere but on my phone).

Replies

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I snap progress pics every month - but I also snap random ones in between on days I feel/look slimmer (possibly all in my head!)

For me I find those motivating too as I haven't enjoyed looking at pics of myself for years.
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I take progress pics once a month to mark progress.
  • PraewPriscilla
    Options
    I snap progress pics every month - but I also snap random ones in between on days I feel/look slimmer (possibly all in my head!)

For me I find those motivating too as I haven't enjoyed looking at pics of myself for years.

I agreed w/ hmmm2013.

And SquishyLaught, we begun on the same day!

So during my journey I wanted to see my progress and took photo at 2 weeks.. oops.. nothing changes much..

Then on Jun25 I see progress, so I took a quick snap while changing.. SO much progress!

Then I decided to take official photo yesterday to mark the end of my cardio-concentrated and to start my new workout routine..

Oops.. my belly got bigger than on Jun25!!
    (But I can't show anyone. Cuz on Jun25 it was a quick snap in my undies and messy room!)

So.. take photo around once a month, but flexible to anyday you see big changes to give you a boost.

But I take measurement twice a month (or any day that my abs decrease an inch! )

[img]http://i1168.photobucket.com/albums/r490/PraewPriscilla/Mobile Uploads/MFP/a37a3a40-cdf3-443e-a583-525a54bc36eb_zps70755532.jpg[/img]