BOOTY..BUTT..BOTTOM..REAR..*kitten*...I HAVE QUESTIONS!

Options
Okay, so...I would really just describe my body "shape" as an apple..I have no *kitten*. :( it's jusy...flat and lumpy. Potatoe butt..embarrassing to admit. I so would include a picture of my butt if I knew I wouldn't make people throw up..but my question is..is it REALLY and TRULY possible to build up a nice plump booty through exercise? Especially if you don't have one to begin with...? I see all this stuff on the Internet about doing squats and all that but does that help you build up a butt if it's flat to begin with...I am so serious :( I'm so desperate to have a nice *kitten*! Any info is greatly appreciates

Replies

• GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Squats, glute bridges, they can help build muscle, but if you are at a high body fat percentage it's not going to really help with the shape much until you lose the fat. That's not to discourage you - you should definitely start doing them now, just set realistic expectations.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy, build your gluts with squats and hips raise......but know that you can't really build muscle when eating at a deficit.
  • rick_po
    rick_po Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Check out the Strong Curves program by Brett Contreras. It's a decent strength program with extra glute targeting, designed for women who want to build a booty..
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Check out the Strong Curves program by Brett Contreras. It's a decent strength program with extra glute targeting, designed for women who want to build a booty..

I agree. I can't wait to start this program soon...
    However, if you still have fat to lose you can't gain-a-donk while in deficit. The best you can do while in deficit is define it, firm it, and perk it up with heavy weighted squats, deadlifts, lunges, hip thrusts/glute bridges, etc along with good amounts of protein catered to your goals/stats. This will help you not lose most of your muscle mass while in deficit.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • laurie_renee
    laurie_renee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well I know it's not going to help me with me being the size I am right now...but eventually once I do get smaller, I want a decent butt..I just wanted a little insight to give me some hope..
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Oh gurl, you absolutely can! I speak from experience!! I was wishing i had a pancake butt 2 yrs ago because mine was CONCAVE!! Fo real! Bulgarian split squats, lunges, careful foot placement on the leg press (high and close stance) have BUILT my booty! It can be done!! Forget the body weight squats. You need to use some heavy weights and be persistent (I hit my glutes twice a week). ????