Wake Up Call to Get Moving

Options
Hello everyone!

A little about myself:
My name is Kelsey. I'm 19 years old. I'm currently getting my general education with plans to hopefully attend University of California: Santa Cruz for film. I moved to California from the very top of Minnesota in September 2013 with my little dog Tucker to live with my grandparents while I attend school. In October I got a job a the local movie theater. That's basically my life right now. :)

So a little history about my health:
I grew up in an overweight family. I have been overweight my whole life. in March of 2011 I was in the 10th grade. My mom got me a gym membership that I started using ferociously. I went maybe 3-5 nights a week before bed and within three months I had gone from around 215 to around 190. I didn't really see a difference in my body in that time but my mom said she noticed it. Anyway, after the three months, my mom wasn't about to afford the gym anymore so she cancelled it. I got completely unmotivated and gained all the weight back.

Flash forward to the present:
I've been having health concerns for a couple of years and my parents finally convinced me to go to the doctor and share my symptoms and concerns. I got blood work done and received my results on June 5th. The results were not what I expected, but nevertheless I got some news. Short story short: Doc says I need to diet and exercise. So here I am. I just signed a 12 month contract with In Shape and have been going every night that I am not busy and I am really loving it. I know there are people who love gyms and hate gyms but I definitely love gyms. They make me so much more motivated.

My goals:
This may seem silly but I have a goal where I want to be able to walk in any clothing store and be able to try on anything and have it fit. My body is really strange; most of my weight is in my stomach area. It makes trying on clothes a lot different and it makes a lot of clothes that should look good on me not look good because my body isn't proportioned equally. I really want to be able to go shopping with my stick thin XS friend and be able to feel comfortable shopping with her and not have to go into the plus size section to shop for me. Specifically I want to get down to 150. I don't know if I'll look good at 150 or if I'll want to lose more weight but I wanna see how I feel at 150 and go from there.

So that's me! :) I had a MyFitnessPal account back when I had the gym membership in tenth grade and loved all the friends and their encouragements. So please friend me :) I'd love to get to know you!

Replies

• Zverbeek
    Zverbeek Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Good luck, if you need a friend shoot me a friend request!
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will!
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelsey! I'm 19 also, overweight family, and would also love to shop and everything fit! I'd be happy to get to 150 as it'd be the lowest I've been since middle school! I'll probably reevaluate when I get there. Sending you a friend request! :)
  • KelseyBee2014
    KelseyBee2014 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelsey! I'm 19 also, overweight family, and would also love to shop and everything fit! I'd be happy to get to 150 as it'd be the lowest I've been since middle school! I'll probably reevaluate when I get there. Sending you a friend request! :)

Thanks! Looking forward to getting to know you. :)