Why does my butt look like this!!!

Options
im so ashamed of my butt. I have searched long and hard for someone with a similiar shaped butt, but couldnt find anyone. any chance i could do any excersizes, since the bottom horizontal crack goes down in a V and its horrendous. If it isnt fixable I will do surgery since i cant wear leggings, yoga pants or swimsuits because of it...

here is a picture. http://i61.tinypic.com/24b4vvm.png[/IMG]

Replies

• kindel2
    kindel2 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Look up the squat challenge. Ok I looked it for you- http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-squat-challenge/#_
    People see results after 10 days! You can do all 30 days if you want of course.

Also you should not feel ashamed about your body. You should love it even as it changes. It will continue to change throughout life so you mind as well start loving it now. Confidence is key.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Your "shape" is your shape. You have hips as wide as your shoulders resulting in your look. Blame your parents. You can enhance it by adding some muscle to your glutes, but it's going to require a calorie surplus (which means you'll gain weight) and some volume training directly to the area to stimulate growth. Hip bridges, deadlifts and some deep squats.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Look up the squat challenge. Ok I looked it for you- http://30dayfitnesschallenges.com/30-day-squat-challenge/#_

Also you should not feel ashamed about your body. You should love it even as it changes. It will continue to change throughout life so you mind as well start loving it now. Confidence is key.
    Unfortunately 10 days isn't going to do anything significant to change shape. And the squat challenge works on muscle endurance which isn't the same as enhancing the shape she now has.

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I really don't see why it's so bad. However, you can do a lot with (butt-targeted) exercise. I'm sure many people will give you good tips in this thread on what kind of exercises you could do. I did find on this forum that women who lift heavy often have amazing butts.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, and nothing to be ashamed of. It looks very normal. Some people are naturally pear-shaped, or hour-glass-shaped; some people naturally have big round butts, others have narrow hips and flat butts... human beings come in a vast variety of shapes and proportions. You can do exercises that will (in time) change the shape a little, but in the end it's still going to be your butt, determined by your genetics.

I repeat: you look absolutely, completely normal. Please don't go through life not wearing swimsuits or leggings because of your negative perception of your body. This post makes me really sad, and on checking your profile, I see it says that you are 35? If that's true, then it's even sadder. Do some squats, deadlifts etc if you want, but in this case, I honestly think you will get the best results from working on your head. :flowerforyou:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    im so ashamed of my butt. I have searched long and hard for someone with a similiar shaped butt, but couldnt find anyone. any chance i could do any excersizes, since the bottom horizontal crack goes down in a V and its horrendous. If it isnt fixable I will do surgery since i cant wear leggings, yoga pants or swimsuits because of it...

here is a picture. http://i61.tinypic.com/24b4vvm.png[/IMG]

Um, honestly, I don't see anything wrong with it. I think the problem is mostly in your head.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Weighted hip thrusts, Romanian deadlifts, 45° hyperextensions, kettlebell swings are all helpful. Squats help a lot of people but I found the goblet squat more helpful, I feel reg ones in my quads more than glutes. You may want to check out the Strong Curves program also - there's a few versions depending what your experience lvl you're at & what equipment you have available to you.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options

here is a picture. 24b4vvm.jpg

i think it's an invalid link friend

ETA: my internet is just slow sorry and i fixed the pic
  • iwillthinkof
    iwillthinkof Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I don't think your butt looks bad at all. :)

However, take a look at the Runtastic Squats app on Android and iOs (given that you have a smartphone). It's not much but it does keep me motivated to squat.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Your bottom looks fine to me, I suspect your perception of your backside is a little off kilter.
  • cottonta1l
    cottonta1l Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Honestly it just needs to be lifted, which means gaining muscle. But try not to be self conscious in the mean time, your butt really isn't that bad. I've seen far worse. :P
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options

Unfortunately 10 days isn't going to do anything significant to change shape. And the squat challenge works on muscle endurance which isn't the same as enhancing the shape she now has.

IDEA Fitness member

I saw and felt noticeable results in 10 days. However, I was also running, kickboxing and doing other lifts which included leg day. I think the squat challenge definitely bumped my progress up a notch and made weighted squats easier for me. I recommend it, but the results vary from person to person.