Diet Soda Cake Combos?

Options
HeatherShrinking
HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
I'm just wondering what kind of Diet Soda Cakes everyone has made? What is great? What is gross?

If you aren't familiar with the Diet Soda Cake (aka Diet Coke Cake), it is really easy to make. One cake mix + 12 oz of diet soda = Diet Soda Cake. No eggs, oil or water needed.

(Please note and respect: This is a pro-diet coke cake thread. There has been debate over the healthiness of diet soda cake - processed foods vs. natural - this is not the place for that. If you are interested in reading that debate search "diet coke cake" and you will find it)

Here are the combos I've tried:

Strawberry Cake Mix and Sprite Zero = Good, not amazing but yummy. 7/10 stars
Chocolate Cake Mix and Sprite Zero = Yummy, chocolate! Great tasting batter. 8/10 stars
White Cake Mix and Diet Crush Soda = Super good! Not much of an orange flavor, but good flavor over all 8.5/10 stars

Replies

• dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I have never tried it! I think that may be something to do this weekend!
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Interesting ;) I wanna try it, what are the cals like?
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The calories are a bit less than making a normal cake. I just add the cake mix + 1 serving of soda for the calories/sodium/etc.
    The Chocolate Fudge one was 160 calories and the White Cake/Crush was also 160 calories. That is for 1/12 a cake (makes 12 cupcakes very nicely)
  • MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks! Do you bake it like normal?
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    Never heard of this...Might have to try it for my son's b-day party in Feb. I will want some cake! lol, thanks for the idea :)
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    choc cake and diet dr pepper is goooood
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    OHHHH yummy!!! I have recipe that friend sent me for dr. pepper chocolate cherry cupcakes but haven't tried it yet.
  • elloradannon
    Options
    I use Hansen's natural cherry vanilla soda (a little like Dr. Pepper but clear with better ingredients) with Funfetti mix. It's not diet, but I don't do artificial sweetners. SO light and fluffy!
  • JackieBea
    Options
    I like to do a white poke cake with sprite/7-up and pour sugar-free cherry jello-over it (just after mixing with water) and let it set in the refrigerator. Then top it off with some fat free or sugar free cool whip - YUM!!!
  • hellotini
    Options
    cherry coke with chocolate cake. banana cake with cream soda. strawberry cake with cream soda. ginger ale with the "spiced" cake mix. I've made so many of these! I need to try a creamsicle kind with orange soda!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I made orange crush cake with white cake. I poked the top and poured sugar free jello on top chilled it then topped it with fat free cool whip and mandarin oranges. I served this to people that definately werent healthy eaters and they loved it.
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    There are also some "Sugar Free" cake mixes out there now. That should drop the calories by some!

http://www.pillsburybaking.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?catid=295&prodid=1038