Diet Check Please

Options
Could you give some critique on this diet? I'm trying to lose the last 8-10 pounds of stubborn belly fat, i'm doing alot of calisthenics and some runs here and there (about 60 minutes a week). I like all the foods, but i'm worried it isnt varieting enough. Is it okay to eat like this everyday?

Breakfast
Nescafe - Instant Coffee, 3 tsp 6
Cereal - Oatmeal, 100 g 357 kcal
Apples - Raw, with skin, 1 large 110 kcal

Lunch
Tenuva - Cottage Cheese 3%, 1 container (250 gs ea.) 188 kcal
Eggs - Whole, raw, 2 large 147 kcal
Oil - Olive, 1 tsp 40kcal

Dinner
Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 200 g 52 kcal
Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon 119kcal
Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 140 g kcal
Onions - Raw, 20 g 8kcal
Sauce - Sriracha Sauce, 2 tsp 10 kcal
Chicken Breast, 200 gram 374 kcal

Snacks
Nuts - 40 Almonds, 277 kcal

Total kcal 1,823
Carbs 160
Fat 78
Protein 135

Replies

• x3Amy
    x3Amy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like a terrible diet, but I know I'd get bored eating that day in day out :smile:

What are you making the oatmeal with? milk/ water?
    & Are you weighing your quantities with a food scale to check they're the weights you're logging

I personally would drop the olive oil for lunch, switch out the cottage cheese for some chicken/ turkey or a salad with the eggs that you've got and use the spare cals for a fruit salad (?) or a yogurt
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It looks fine but since you are ready to make change try a few days a week with spinach instead of the apples:
    380 grams of spinach equals 79 calories.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight? That seems very low cal for a man. Also, I would want a lot more variety as I'd get bored of that pretty quickly.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Will you be in calorie deficit? If you will you'll lose weight. If you want to eat the same thing everyday that's fine personally i'd get bored with it. Also your calories probably could be a lot higher I'm 5 11 and 191 pounds and eating nearly 2500 calories a day and losing weight
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    Could you give some critique on this diet? I'm trying to lose the last 8-10 pounds of stubborn belly fat, i'm doing alot of calisthenics and some runs here and there (about 60 minutes a week). I like all the foods, but i'm worried it isnt varieting enough. Is it okay to eat like this everyday?

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner
    Onions - Raw, 20 g 8kcal

Snacks

Total kcal 1,823
    Carbs 160
    Fat 78
    Protein 135

First off, there is nothing wrong with your diet. BUT if youre wanting to drop/ get rid of bloat (which makes tummy appear much flatter) quicker I have a few suggestions:
    1. Some people have a harder time losing with fruit. Ditch it SHORT TERM, until you notice a change.
    2.Replace peppers with greens.
    3. cut out almonds and replace with eggs, veggies, etc
    4. Get rid of the instant coffee as artificial sweetners cause many to plateau. Try cold pressed (whole foods or trader joes) coffee if you need to save time. You can heat it if you dont like cold coffee.
    5. I would not get rid of the olive oil. It wont prevent you from losing.
    6. Take a probiotic and drink peppermint and dandelion teas.
    7. Lastly, and I hate this one, easy on the salt :(
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    one more thing.....have you tried intermittent fasting?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Breakfast

Lunch

Dinner
    Onions - Raw, 20 g 8kcal

Snacks

Total kcal 1,823
    Carbs 160
    Fat 78
    Protein 135

First off, there is nothing wrong with your diet. BUT if youre wanting to drop/ get rid of bloat (which makes tummy appear much flatter) quicker I have a few suggestions:
    1. Some people have a harder time losing with fruit. Ditch it SHORT TERM, until you notice a change.
    2.Replace peppers with greens.
    3. cut out almonds and replace with eggs, veggies, etc
    4. Get rid of the instant coffee as artificial sweetners cause many to plateau. Try cold pressed (whole foods or trader joes) coffee if you need to save time. You can heat it if you dont like cold coffee.
    5. I would not get rid of the olive oil. It wont prevent you from losing.
    6. Take a probiotic and drink peppermint and dandelion teas.
    7. Lastly, and I hate this one, easy on the salt :(

Instant coffee doesn't have artificial sweeteners unless you add them...
  • estaticaa
    estaticaa Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The diet itself seems just fine, but do you plan on eating the same things every day? If you keep yourself from eating different foods, you may be missing out important stuff you're not even aware of now and it could affect your health in the long run.

That being said, you look like you have a fantastic body already, so you obviously know what you're doing. Feel free to skip my suggestion and good luck getting to the point you want to!
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I'm another one wondering about the 100g of dry oats every morning.
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    Oops! Sorry for the misinfo, not familiar with the brand because I dont drink instant coffee but I assumed since they had flavors, they might have artificial sweetners.

Anyway, artificial sweetners should still be considered in this context as they cause stalls.
  • shukig0ld
    shukig0ld Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's not me in the picture, i'm about 14% bodyfat right now (i think), that's paul walker in the picture and must be 10%. I eat the oatmeal with boiled water nothing added and the olive oil it's to cook the eggs in. I'm 6'0 and currently 170lbs. My maintenance accourding to lightly active (I do calisthenics 3 times a week, each session being about 1 hour total) is at 2500kcal's so I'm just slightly over a 500 deficit. I'm actually not really adding any salt except for a few pinches to the eggs. Outside of this diet being boring, it's okay? Also not drinking coffee with artificial sweetener. However I drink a diet coke or two a day, but don't think the 0.5 calorie in that would be bad for fat loss. I'll post a picture of where i', at. I weigh everything.
    www.imgur.com/KpND9Vg
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You look good on imgur.
    Your diet is fine.
    Most of us are suggesting you mix it up, that's all.
  • shukig0ld
    Options
    Great thanks, I guess I just wanted to be sure this diet was OK.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Get rid of the grains and cheese.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

No.
  • JenniferAutumn
    Options

No.

I'm sorry, Are you the OP that asked?
  • shukig0ld
    Options

What for
  • JenniferAutumn
    Options

What for

Grains are not healthy and they are toxic to the body. That is the way they were designed. The non-digestible proteins that wreak havoc in our system allow grains to pass un-harmed through the intestines of animals and emerge victorious and in a pile of fertilizer at the other end. Good for the grains-bad for us! Studies have shown. At a no-grain diet can lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, promote weight loss, alleviate dermatitis or acne, end digestive disturbances like heart disease, increase fertility and dramatically improve energy levels.

As for cheese: Most cows are fed inappropriate food. Commercial feed for cows contains all sorts of ingredients that include: genetically-modified (GM) corn, GM soy, animal products, chicken manure, cottonseed, pesticides, and antibiotics.
  • Alatariel75
    Options

What for

Grains are not healthy and they are toxic to the body. That is the way they were designed. The non-digestible proteins that wreak havoc in our system allow grains to pass un-harmed through the intestines of animals and emerge victorious and in a pile of fertilizer at the other end. Good for the grains-bad for us! Studies have shown. At a no-grain diet can lower cholesterol, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, promote weight loss, alleviate dermatitis or acne, end digestive disturbances like heart disease, increase fertility and dramatically improve energy levels.

As for cheese: Most cows are fed inappropriate food. Commercial feed for cows contains all sorts of ingredients that include: genetically-modified (GM) corn, GM soy, animal products, chicken manure, cottonseed, pesticides, and antibiotics.

No.
  • JenniferAutumn
    Options
    Alatariel75- Can you offer any advice? NO?