this month I vow to ....

Options
so my pledge for this month is to give up chocolate, fizzy pop, crisps and biscuits four of what used to be my main staple foods/drinks need all the support I can get

if anyone wants support Im here but also need active buddies who will kick me into touch

Replies

• Kalbe17
    Kalbe17 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This mouth I vow to drink no calories! (I will still drink iced teas with honey and smoothies, but no sodas, juices, milk, etc). Best of luck to you!!! Make sure you have replacement snacks for when you're craving those things!
  • TeaSweets001
    Options
    This month I vow to exercise every week day even if it is just for 10minutes. :) NO excuses!
  • josephisreaching
    Options
    this month i vow to not binge eat
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see how long I can go without stepping on my scale. I'm going to put it away Monday night and try and make it through the month.
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but I'm the worlds worst for breaking promises. So I determine myself not to make any.
    Best of luck to all of you. I wish you all the best in whatever you are trying to achieve.:smile::smile: :smile:
  • samg135
    samg135 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This month I will log everyday, even the bad ones. I have a bad habit of not logging if I know it is going to be a bad day so really need to break this habit.
  • SquishyLaughter
    SquishyLaughter Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This month I vow to complete a 30 day challenge. Not give up just because my muscles are sore.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I vow to eat all the foods I enjoy while maintaining my reasonable deficit and to end every night with at least 1 serving of ice cream.

Log your food accurately and honestly. Go for 80% good choices the other 20% don't worry so much about. I eat lots of delicious food and have consistently lost. Keep it simple find a REASONABLE deficit: Most people do not need to eat 1200 calories to lose.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234699-logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide?hl=logging+step+guide

Find an activity you enjoy doing - I found I love to ride my bike and lift heavy stuff :)

Here are 2 more threads that will help take the time to read them:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    This month I'm going on an all-inclusive holiday (yay but eek!) so I vow to:

1. Not let my holiday ruin this year's good work; AND
    2. Not let my anxiety about falling off the wagon ruin my holiday.

So... continue to work hard until holiday time, do plenty of swimming and walking whilst away, don't overdo the alcohol and don't beat myself up for enjoying lots of yummy food :)
  • nerdchiq32
    nerdchiq32 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm an avid chocoholic and a cake monster :(

But this month I vow not to eat any chocolate or cakes and to drink only green tea and water and to walk everyday for at least 45 minutes.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I vow to swim every Thursday! :)
  • thefitnessdiaries
    Options
    What an awesome thread.

I vow to work out 6 days a week.

And only have hot cheetos 1-2 times this month!!!! whoa. Thats big.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    keep using mfp and log regularly!
    My past 2 attempts have resulted in my dropping off at Week 5. This Is my Week 5! (Weak 5?)
    Great thread OP!
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    This month I want to try eating less carbs. I don't think I can actually do keto (we eat at my bf's parents house at least once a week and I don't want to impose my diet on anyone else so I'll just eat what they serve), but I can do low carb the rest of the week and see how it goes :)
    Also I need to keep logging (and where possible pre-log) my food. I've fallen off the wagon quite hard the last couple of months and it's showing in my weight.
    And lastly I want to keep doing bodyweight exercises and some cardio at least 3x a week.

So to summarize:
    - Eat less carbs
    - Log food
    - Exercise 3x a week
  • laurahadenough
    laurahadenough Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This month I vow to walk in the park at least 3 times a week.. this is huge for me.. haven't exercised at all since I was in my 20's and haven't left the house (basically) for going on 2 years.. oh yeh and stick to my new eating plan and lose more fat!! Good luck to one and all
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    This month I vow to continue the healthy and sustainable eating plan I started 2 years ago and helped me lose over 100 pounds. Last night, I ate a big home grilled cheeseburger with all the toppings and seasoned fries. I worked it in my calories for the day - still eating 2 other good sized meals.

This month I vow to treat my body like the awesome machine it is and fuel it correctly - so I can fulfill my next vow to pick up my barbell 3x a week.

This month you should vow to read the following link so you can make vows that are healthy.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • swertyqwerty
    swertyqwerty Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I vow to do yoga every day
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Have a successful fast, even if just 24 hours, to get back on track and to reset my body out of night eating syndrome. To beat night eating syndrome. To complete C25K. To complete MFP diary entries accurately. To never see 57kg on the scale again!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    This month I vow to take at least 2 lunch breaks a week away from my desk to enjoy a walk in the sunshine and to improve my work/life balance.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    bu...but this month is over tomorrow :-( .
    I suppose I have already made it my July goal to finally hit below parallel on my squats. Gotta work on that flexibility.