STILL HUNGRY.... UGH!!

Options
amymt10
amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
When I woke this morning I had a rice cake w/peanut butter on top, when I got to work I had some Quaker weight control oatmeal. Early morning snack another rice cake w/peanut butter (my new fave snack, really good!). Its only 1030 and I still feel hungry!!! Anyone else???

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not yet. I had weight control oatmeal with some pecans and raisins and a coffee.
    I'm full.
    Sorry!
    Drink a bunch of water & chew on some gum.....?
  • BbdWolfMe2010
    Options
    Your not alone! I'm just getting back into this and I'm straving right now! Good luck!
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    This happens to me every month...the week before girl time. I transform into the bottomless pit and can never seem to get full. When this happens I eat 5 egg whites (~85 cals total) and I finally feel full. :)
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    yup...and its my fault because i had some beers (bud select) last night for my buddy's birthday. Left me feeling like my stomach is a bottom less pit this morning!
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water. It helps me!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs, not enough protein. Eat light string cheese or some egg whites instead of all those carbs.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Yesss me too! I need to find some snacks.. I may try this rice cake and peanut butter thing. What kind of peanut butter do you use?!?
  • marciml
    marciml Posts: 41
    Options
    Drink lots of water. It helps me!

Seriously with the water. Keep downing the water until your next meal/snack time. You'll make it through. :)
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm good too. Two eggs and one slice of whole wheat toast with lots of water before, during and after keeps me full for at least 4 hours. By then it's lunch time!

Protein keeps you full. Add some scrambled egg whites and you should be good!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with PB is a great snack but not enough for breakfast! It should be your largest meal of the day! Like others said add protien in the morning and some fruit!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I agree, you may need more protein for breakfast... but for now, if you like Green Tea, drink some of that, it usually helps with my hunger, and as everyone else said, water, water, water! Best of luck!!
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Trust me at first I was always hungry. It's bc ur stomach is stretched out from overeating. After a couple weeks my stomach had shrunk and I didn't feel hungry anymore.
  • anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs, not enough protein. Eat light string cheese or some egg whites instead of all those carbs.

Whoah man, she just had 2 servings of PB! That's a significant amount of protein right there!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I like to eat 1.5 servings of Kashi Go Lean Honey Almond Flax cereal with a small amount of fat free milk for breakfast and it keeps me full for hours - try adding some of that. Echo others - need more protein in the morning - and lean protein. Nut butters are good but fattening, should be used sparingly. Try eating it on a whole wheat english muffin instead of rice cakes. It is more calories but there is protein and fiber in an english muffin and only 120 calories.

Apples are also a good mid morning snack - a serving of fruit and 3-4 grams of fiber. You could also try mini clif bars as a snack - 100 calories and 4-5g of protein. They usually tide me over l for another 1.5-2 hours.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Lean protein!!
  • littlebisc
    Options
    im hungry all the time too :(

i think its because in the beginning our stomachs are used to over-eating, they are streched out- and now that we are counting and eating appropriately we just need to shrink our stomachs.

sucks being hungry.

and i wish water helped me but it doesnt- hot tea helps a little :/

im trying to stay away from the starches since that will make me more hungry- so sticking with the egg whites, almonds, veggie sticks,.. these help without giving me the "chinese food hunger" (when you are hungry again after 30 minutes of eating chinese food).

any other 'stay full longer' foods you suggest?
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I find snacking on roasted veggies or cut fruit keeps me good ,for very low calories. I've found that cooking lowers my appetite lately. Weird, I know, but if I spend time chopping veggies and mixing spices, I just don't feel hungry. I get more satisfaction from food with stronger flavors, so pineapple rather than apple, and Cajun spiced zucchini rather than plain green beans. And I agree you need more protein first thing in the morning. Peanut butter has protein, but if you are only slathering on a thin layer, it isn't enough. Try the egg whites as an omelet, or add some almonds to your morning snack.
  • derbygirl90
    Options
    Ugh. I have that problem too! I just ate veggies and and egg for breakfast.....an hour later at the sandwich i brought for lunch. How emarassing.
    I am literally hungry all the time. It;s not so bad b/c I have a high metabolosm and workout everyday but I can never seem to stay under 1200 calories!!
    What the hell?