1 Year 94lbs lost Lifting added on month 8 (lots of pics)

Options

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Thank you, your accomplishment is amazing and inspirational.
  • dktp2
    dktp2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Congratulations -- you look AWESOME!!!! You are a great inspiration to me -- I started using MFP this month, and look forward to my after pics a year from now. I'm bookmarking this post and will refer back to it many times between now and next year.

P.S. So digging your Nintendo love in the photos too! :)
  • beckerkra
    beckerkra Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    P.S. So digging your Nintendo love in the photos too! :)

Hehe, yea, complete geek here! I've refilled my wardrobe with lots of great geeky shirts! ^_^ One of my other favs is the many moods of spock..

Of course this pic isn't of me, just showing the shirt hehe..
    51ZchJ1vahL._SS500_.jpg
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    wow! gorgeous guy!! not too bad in first piccy, and final one..my goodness !!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic!!
  • beckerkra
    Options
    wow! gorgeous guy!! not too bad in first piccy, and final one..my goodness !!

:blushing:
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Job well done, body, mind, and soul...
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous !, Congrats
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share your successful journey.
  • cedman1
    cedman1 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    OUTSTANDING!
  • EvenThatNameIsTaken
    EvenThatNameIsTaken Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Great job, man, and thanks for all the links, the motivational ones are great because often I know what I need to do, it's a matter of my own attitude. I'll be referring back to this post for inspiration, again, Nice Work!!
  • Keevy333
    Keevy333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing with us! Such a motivational story filled with great advice. I also like the intermittent fasting and have found most success using that method!
  • mrstotal180
    mrstotal180 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • Welcome2theHellmouth
    Welcome2theHellmouth Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great! Glad to know I'm not the only one that did the weekly calorie averaging thing!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Bump for later reading, but I will firstly say, holy *kitten*, well done mate!!
  • mollycodymarie
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I am working my way down also and lifting. 42 down so far next weigh in is next week. (I weigh monthly) Your skin looks fantastic by the way. Did you go through an ugly duckling phase at all? I SO feel like I am there right now I am hoping that's all it is. Write back soon. :-) -Molly
  • 303enfield
    303enfield Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    awesome job dude :drinker: :drinker:
  • beckerkra
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I am working my way down also and lifting. 42 down so far next weigh in is next week. (I weigh monthly) Your skin looks fantastic by the way. Did you go through an ugly duckling phase at all? I SO feel like I am there right now I am hoping that's all it is. Write back soon. :-) -Molly

It's funny that you ask that, because yes, actually I did go through an ugly duckling stage actually (granted I still consider myself in just a later phase of transition out of ugly duckling phase still haha). My wife even told me that I needed to get some muscle because she wasn't a fan of "skinny fat" (in a really nice way of course) lol! That was all the motivation I needed to be like, ok weight lifting it is! I found a bodybuilding.com transformation challenge to use as a tool to keep me motivated, and off I went!

It was right before I started weight lifting in January after I had lost the initial first 88lbs. I was what you might hear other people talking about on the forums "skinny fat" where I lost a good portion of the fat, and was considered skinny by most when looking at me clothed, but as soon as the shirt came off, you knew immediately that I have no muscle tone at all and was just a big bag of skin and bones. I didn't include these in the original post because the post was already so dang long, I didn't want to make it any longer, but I don't mind posting these after the fact. :smile:

Never stop wanting more for yourself, but don't let it consume you to where it becomes a negative thing and is a detriment to your progress! It all comes in due time. I spent over a dozen years screwing up my health, and I've repaired a good portion of that damage in a years time. When you look at it like that and make comparisons like that, it makes 1 year seem like a mere blink and hardly any effort at all. :happy:

January 2014 the week before starting to lift.
    BeforeLiftingFront.jpg

BeforeLiftingBack.jpg

1 week ago. The same pictures posted in the original post.

20140620_122036.jpg

20140620_122243.jpg
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    That's very impressive!!
  • RekindledRose
    RekindledRose Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You are an inspiration, and you're so right - the most important thing to do is to change how you think.

I wish you all the best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!