In Need of a NoNScale Goal... help please!~!~!

Options
Hi!~!

Ok, im not sure where to go from here. I watned to start off slow so I didnt get overwhelmed with trying to loose weight, exercise and eat right.... (since this is the third time I came back to this site) But now its been over two weeks that I have been logging in and watching my food. I have the hang of it and I want to step up my game.

But i dont know what else to do. I notice that people have NonScale goals, like run a mile. yada yada...... well, im in germany for a while and Im not really gonna go out and run a mile in two feet of snow... so can anyone give me an idea of another nonscale goal?

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    How about a clothing goal? Maybe buy yourself a pair of pants one or two sizes smaller than what you currently wear. Then, use those pants as your measuring stick to see how you're progressing.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    fit back into an old favorite oufit, buy a new oufit of a certain size, do a modern day pin up girl photos shoot lol (thats my goal in May I wanna do that for my husbands birthday)--blushing ; ) try out a new sport, say when it warms up you will walk, run, or ride a bike a certain distance, i dunno hope something triggered an idea lol
  • helenbeee
    helenbeee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    ok is there a piece of clothing you have in your wardrobe that you once fitted into or bought and never worn if so get them out and hang them on a hanger on your bedroom wall write down what made you come to MFP and why you want to lose weight on a piece of paper and pin it to the front of the piece of clothing. Every couple of weeks or once a month you take it down and try it on. If you feel like snacking or overeating take it down and try it on before snacking or as a reminder of what you are trying to achieve. Once this item of clothing fits and is in your wardrobe take a foto of yourself in it and put it into an album. Then reward yourself with a shopping trip and purchase another item that doesnt fit in a size smaller and repeat the process making sure you rewrite your goals with each new item of clothing as they may change along the way. Hope that helps and Good Luck!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    well I got distratcted... somewhere in there i read BUY A NEW OUTFIT... DING DING.. we have a winner.. LOL... I dont know how to buy something thats too small though... maybe I should take measurments of myself.
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    ooh I really like that have to walk back and forth to the front door for the whole commercial break because here in Europe commercial breaks are less frequent then in the US but longer so I could really get in a decent walk!
  • helenbeee
    Options
    it is and I get my husband to stand on my feel when I do situps heeheehee another thing thats good is a pair of weights in the house so you can do upper body exercises as well :)
  • helenbeee
    Options
    just pick an item that is a little tight or would look a little better if you didnt have a muffintop etc something you cant quite wear out in public so dont do size 8 if you are a size 14 if you get what I mean ;)
  • mmelaniewalters
    Options
    try something on that u like .. try a size that fits .. then buy the next size down ! :) good luck . xx
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Work on pushups or situps.. try to increase the number you can do each time you practice. Stretching is another great thing to do indoors, flexibility is key for a lot of cardio and strength training so you don't hurt yourself. Set up some goals.. touching toes, doing splits, etc.

Lots of simple things like that can improve your strength and muscle tone without leaving the house :)
  • kelligonzales
    Options
    I got excersise dvds and my nonscale goal is to do at leat one 20 min work out a day and if I'm only doing one then to try for the whole hour I three different one so i can mix it up and not get bored.
  • hugh_jass
    Options
    I read this cool article about how setting weight loss goals will most likely fail. The reason is you don't have control over the results only the actions. So instead of setting a goal like "Lose 10 pounds", set some goals like "I will eat 1200-1800 calories per day", "I will do 30 minutes of cardio every day", "I will weight train 3 times per week". Those goals are very doable since you have total control. Following those goals may in fact cause you to lose 10 pounds but if that doesn't happen you can at least take satisfaction in knowing that you completed your goals.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Mine is to simply cross my legs....
    Thanks for some other ideas :)
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have a plan to be able to wear a bikini (hoping by this summer) so I bought one and I am going to hang it on my bathroom door as a constant reminder of where I want to be. I have no time plan of when that may happen but I know it is one of my goals.