The H family fitness challenge

Options

Replies

• goridersgo
    Options
    don't forget to send me the entry fee. so far only the matriarch has. she did before the competition even started. must really have been looking forward to it.
  • millermoola
    Options
    Randy - Jamie told me to just send all the money our way, since we are going to win! Do you need our address?!
  • simpleliving
    Options
    Tough competition it is! I think that I should set up the treadmill right in my office and walk while having meetings since I sit on my butt way too muh. So good for you Joey that the butt is looking good mine is just getting flatter and flatter! Bikini - that is definitaly a motivator. I was looking at pictures from Hawaii yesterday with lukas and alaina and I totally forgot that there was one in a bikini of me in there. I remember back then thinking "oh my god shouldn't be wearing a bikini" now I'm thinking of if I could look like that again - how time changes your perspective.

Tried edamame yesterday - loved it!!! Through it in the microwave put a little salt on it - yummy. Going to try it on the kids today - hope they like it just as much.

Jaxen may end up in the Olympics one day if he is that determined to be in the pool for so long. That is wonderful!

Roxy - my mom skips all the time she is trying to tell me that I should start doing it while watching TV in the evening may give it a try.

Lynn - Randall is right you are setting a high standard! WOW!!!

Jamie- send us the money - didn't you watch the Canadian Hockey team loose the biggest game of their life - I think being cocky may had something to do with it :)

Looks like the dr's are burning some high calories as well with their 80 min work outs!

Have a great day everyone!
  • simpleliving
    Options
    yeah joey i do. 0000 Loser Way.
  • goridersgo
    Options
    The above post is from randall i'n not even sure what it means
  • goridersgo
    Options
    did some pretty intense running tonight. 30 minutes combination of walking and running for a total of 266 calories. it is easier to keep it up when i am watching a hockey game on the tube. i was watching "NHL on the fly" and was not going to stop until the snippets from the Leafs game were shown - this did not happen for 22 minutes. i dont typically like running in the evening because it is my time to relax when the kids are sleeping, but for some reason i decided to do it tonight. part of this was because i usually found an exxcuse not to - like the one i just mentioned, and "i'm tired." but not today.
  • matriarch65
    Options
    Well, yesterday I vacuumed and dusted, moved furniture around etc. Does that count for any type of exercise.
  • goridersgo
    Options
    if you were moving around and moving things around i suppose it could qualify.
  • matriarch65
    Options
    Yesterday,I did the Curves circuit and burned 562 calories. Today i hope to get a Curves workout in before i do 2 back to back Zumba/curves workouts.
  • simpleliving
    Options
    Hello!

Hope everyone is well. We have two kids with coughs in this house but I think they are getting better. The matriarch is arriving today and everyone can hardly wait till 2pm.

I will be away this week for two days in Saskatoon and eating out is always tough for me to stick to something healthy. What do you usually order when eating out?

Also, I am going to throw out a challenge and encourage everyone to try a new food they have never had before, if it requires cooking please post a recipe for it!

Aleks
  • goridersgo
    Options
    IT HAS BEEN A GOOD FIRST WEEK. WAY TO GO JAROD - 12 POINTS. KEEP IT UP KID. AFTER A DAY OFF I GOT BACK AT IT AGAIN TONIGHT. I AM FINDING IT MUCH EASIER TO GET ON THE TREADMILL IN THE EVENING THAN EVER BEFORE - ALTHOUGH I DO STILL PREFER IN THE AM BEFORE BREAKFAST. BOTH ALEKS AND I ARE AWAY FROM YORKTON FOR WORK OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS SO NOT SURE HOW WE ARE GOING TO GET AN EXERCISE IN. SHE IS STAYING WITH A FRIEND AND I AM AT ONE OF THE ****TIEST HOTELS IN SASKATOON SO I AM SURE THERE IS NO EXERCISE ROOM THERE. ANYWAY I SUPPOSE I COULD RUN UP AND DOWN THE STAIRWELL FOR 20 MINUTES - NOW THAT WOULD BE AN INTENSE WORKOUT.
  • goridersgo
    Options
    was away for a few days for work purposes and did not have the opportunity to exercise so i need to get refocused starting tomorrow morning. will resume with treadmill work and perhaps some core exercises.
  • goridersgo
    Options
    jumped on the treadmill for 25 minutes this morning and burned 262 calories - just a little shy of 2 miles. the time flew by like nothing watching sports highlights! i think that i will probably jump on the treadmill again tonight and go for another 25 minutes - got some catching up to do. if there was room to use the bowflex i would probably do some strength training.
  • goridersgo
    Options
    did another 22 minutes of cardio tonight at very high intensity: intervals of 1 minute of walking (3.5 to 4 mph) and then 2 minutes of running (maxed out at 9 mph for 90 seconds).
  • millermoola
    Options
    Okay..SHAME ON ME!!! I have not even attempted to do any sort of exercise lately..until yesterday!!! Jumped on the treadmill for 30 minutes at the maximum incline of 10, and a speed of 3.2. I burned 300 calories..and it felt great :)

Then, I took the kids to the zoo and we spent 2 hours walking around the zoo..through the hilly dinosaur park too. I think that should count as extra points, because walking, and pushing a stroller with 2 kids who weigh almost 60 pounds combined, should count for something! I was a sweaty mess!!

Anyway..I hope to get more cadio in today! Its a beautiful day here today, so I will likely take Jasper for a LONG walk/run at the dog park. Poor puppy...she's had no exercise lately!!

Hope everyone is well!!! And Randy, we'll try and remember to get that $$ in the mail to you asap :)
  • goridersgo
    Options
    i would appreciate the $$$ soon so i dont have to collect my winnings later. ha ha ha!!
  • millermoola
    Options
    Another 25 minutes on the treadie this morning..and another 257 calories BURNED, baby!!! Then, a brisk 20 minute walk at the dog park with Jasper.

BTW, I made the YUMMIEST and healthiest dinner for Jamie and I tonight. Lettuce wraps!! SOOOO good..and they would have been easier to make, if the kids didn't keep interrupting. The boys did sneak in a few bites and LOVED them!! Another thing to add to our 'likes' in this house!!

Hope everyone had a super weekend :)
  • matriarch65
    Options
    Sorry I've been away from the site cause I couldn't remember my password to access the site, however Randy knew how much exercise I got as it was his treadmill I was using. This week I'll get back into my Curves routine and hopefully some other type of exercise as well.
  • goridersgo
    Options
    MILLERMOOLA! did you say lettuce wraps? what is in there with the wraps? perhaps i will try some. good to see you made the time to get on the treadmill.
  • matriarch65
    Options
    Went for a 25 minute walk in that nasty wind yesterday. Today it's off to Curves.